Thread: Rangers/Flyers Preseason Game #6 • 9/27/18 • 7pm, MSG

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Letteiri in
    Lias out? Looks like HArtfords #1 line
    Claesson out. Did I miss something?
    Howden- we’ll see
    Hajek - have the feeling they send him down
    Josh, let's lay it on the line with specifics. More interested in the players and preesbox, than the line combos. Opening day:

KZB
    Chytil, Lias Zuc
    Names, Hayes, Spooner
    Vesey, Lettieri, Fast
    McLeod

Skjei, ADA
    Staal, Pionk
    Smith, Shatty
    Claesson, McQuaid

Howden and Hajek are told to think about Christmas in NYC.
    If mgmt is to be believed, Howden in for Lettieri. Hajek over Staal

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I'd imagine somewhere in the middle here, where "veterans" like Lettieri get the nod, and kids like Hajek are asked to develop away from the stink.
    Phil, this is the sensible way to start the season. No reason to give away one of the strong, big reliable defenders. See how guys play and who gets hurt. With Lias and Chytil, we already have 2 rookies. With pseudo-rooks such as Lettieri and Pionk, it may be prudent to start Howden and Hajek in the A.

The 23 man roster is a prediction of what I think the team will do. Not necessarily what I'd do, but very close.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 09-27-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Maybe I was counting wrong.
    Still not sure Lias is a lock, and I’m thinking Letteiri is, at this point.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Josh, let's lay it on the line with specifics. More interested in the players and preesbox, than the line combos. Opening day:

KZB
    Chytil, Lias Zuc
    Names, Hayes, Spooner
    Vesey, Lettieri, Fast
    McLeod

Skjei, ADA
    Staal, Pionk
    Smith, Shatty
    Claesson, McQuaid

Howden and Hajek are told to think about Christmas in NYC.
    If mgmt is to be believed, Howden in for Lettieri. Hajek over Staal
    I don't think McQuaid was brought here to sit right out of the box. Somebody has to play D especially on the right side.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Last edited by jsrangers; 09-27-2018 at 10:54 PM.

Let's talk about stickers Junior Division
    Howden I can see going down. But if Quinn really means what he says about the best players play then there is no way he can send Hajek down. He has been our literal best defenseman. If he goes down then Quinn loses credibility before he even coaches a regular season game. Your best defenseman makes your roster. Idc how old he is.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Some people take pre-season too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    The face of “I’m going to get waived and claimed by Ottawa”

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    I don't think McQuaid was brought here to sit right out of the box. Somebody has to play D especially on the right side.
    I hear ya. And Nashville is a big team. But who do you bench? Pionk?

I could see Quinn rotating four guys in and out of the lineup, early in the year.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    I hear ya. And Nashville is a big team. But who do you bench? Pionk?

I could see Quinn rotating four guys in and out of the lineup, early in the year.
    Yeah Pionk if it's me all day. But what do I know?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Bantam Division
    To be honest maybe sending most of the kids down to Hartford would be best. Build confidence and a winning culture there instead of losing and rushing them here. I don’t know but I’m not sure any of them are blowing me away that I have to see them in the nhl right now.

Another thing that I know was brought up last year. Lias skating is a huge concern for me. He can improve over time but he will never be confused for gartner. What an ugly stride, it’s slmost like he’s in pain skating. In today’s nhl you are already behind the eight ball when you don’t skate great, and he does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    To be honest maybe sending most of the kids down to Hartford would be best. Build confidence and a winning culture there instead of losing and rushing them here. I don’t know but I’m not sure any of them are blowing me away that I have to see them in the nhl right now.

Another thing that I know was brought up last year. Lias skating is a huge concern for me. He can improve over time but he will never be confused for gartner. What an ugly stride, it’s slmost like he’s in pain skating. In today’s nhl you are already behind the eight ball when you don’t skate great, and he does not.
    He looked much quicker in the 1st preseason game and then after that he plodded along. Maybe nerves play a part? I think he should go down too just go try to find some level of comfort.

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I think Andersson is actually fairly polished, much more so than Howden and Chytil anyways.

They should start grooming him for a bottom six role because that's what his tool box dictates. It's disappointing certainly, but not all bad. If they take three years to try to pretend he's some kind of dynamic top six guy his time will be wasted here and the only party that will extract any value from him will be his next team who recognizes this.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong, but I don't see much dynamism here. If you want to watch a dynamic offensive prospect, go watch Kravtsov highlights, Andersson ain't that but that's OK if they develop and groom him correctly.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I think Andersson is actually fairly polished, much more so than Howden and Chytil anyways.

They should start grooming him for a bottom six role because that's what his tool box dictates. It's disappointing certainly, but not all bad. If they take three years to try to pretend he's some kind of dynamic top six guy his time will be wasted here and the only party that will extract any value from him will be his next team who recognizes this.

Of course, I could be wildly wrong, but I don't see much dynamism here. If you want to watch a dynamic offensive prospect, go watch Kravtsov highlights, Andersson ain't that but that's OK if they develop and groom him correctly.
    I think this is what the organization doesnt want to do right now. He's 19 years old. No sense forcing his development in a certain direction.
    I think he got an extended look to see if he can develop his offense while playing in a 3rd line center role, this season. I'm not sure he showed enough, and will probably get sent to Hartford for a bit to see if he can develop more offense. His defensive game is fine. So why not take a little longer to see if he can develop into a good 2-way 2nd line C.

As for his skating, he's not worse than a guy like Stepan.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    I'm on board with that, I think he should make the roster and start him on the 3rd line. I think he's ready to go.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Oddly enough we traded a terrible skater in Stepan only to draft another terrible skater.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Agree 100% with dunny. Also the comment Of a Swedish Malhotra. It would be disappointing if that’s all he is being drafted so high. That all said grooming a player of that ilk is an important nhl player. The rangers would be wise to groom him to be what he seems to be instead of what his draft slot suggests

On the radio this afternoon they said "the Rangers wanted Lias to play a top 6 role". Not top 9, wasn't sure if this was a mistake. They paraphrased Quinn saying Lias would not get the time to work on reaching his offensive potential the way he will in Hartford. Then they talked about marinating him and such. Talked about Nashville sending Tolvanen down for the same reason. That the Jets considered doing it to Roslovic since they don't have a top 6 spot for him.

The takeaway was that expectations by the Rangers and around the league are still very high for Lias. That he is not ready and more teams should wait till there is an opening (or win a spot) in the top 6 before forcing a top 6 prospect into a different role.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234