• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018-19: Out of Town Scoreboard

Phil

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turns out McJesus doesn't save that dumpster fire of a EDM defense and got beaten back to last season and the ogre (Lucic) did almost next to nothing except score that PP goal which got countered by three unanswered goals by NJD and scored a meaningless third period goal. EDM is in for a long year, like us

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Turns out McJesus doesn't save that dumpster fire of a EDM defense and got beaten back to last season and the ogre (Lucic) did almost next to nothing except score that PP goal which got countered by three unanswered goals by NJD and scored a meaningless third period goal. EDM is in for a long year, like us

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Except they get to actually watch a fun player like McDavid. Us, not so much.

I think so. Caught lightning in a bottle. Teams will be much more prepared to play there this year.

Then they spent off season loading up on garbage contracts.

There were intangibles working for them, but a big part of it is that the book is out on them. Their game is predicated on swarming and causing neutral zone turnovers and quickly countering. Dump the puck in is the secret, don't get fancy. It is rare that I'd want to dump it in even half the time. Yet against Vegas (and considering their D's strengths and weaknesses), dump it over and over.

That Nate Schmidt is out only magnifies the issue. Their bottom 3 Dmen are horrid. England is another year older. Brannstrom looked good in preseason, they may want to bring him up in a few months.