Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Amanda Borges Also Not Returning to Rangers This Season

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I thought she was better than Jim. Hopefully she's on to bigger things.
    I see what u did there!!!!

Senior Member Midget Division
    if i was running things there would have been more blood.

i'd have run Sam, Al, Lagreca (calls a game in a high falsetto) and Giv.

Move Kenny Al to TV, Put Anson between the benches or in Al's spot. As to radio, I'd keep
    Maloney and hold open auditions for the next radio play by play job. Put that job out and you'd have a line of applicants from the garden down to the battery.

Hire a nice piece of cheesecake to do the puff pieces.
    Acqua in bocca

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    I wish Anson would get the ax too. He's awful. Guy can barely get out what he wants to say.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    But I like what Anson is trying to say, usually.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    But I like what Anson is trying to say, usually.
    But then he just teases you because he jumbles all over himself like he's got balls in his mouth.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I’m good with anson. More than anything i want someone who gives an honest assessment of the play. Not the narrative of what the rangers are hoping to happen. For example up until the day when Brendan smith was sent to Hartford there was barely a mention of the reality of his play or his poor off season that led to it. It was always a positive spin, never once was it geez the rangers just signed this guy to a big contract for four years and year 1 he comes to camp out of shape. The guy should have been roasted by any honest analyst. But no. Micheletti gets his check from msg but his reputation comes from his work. And his work screams hack. Sam I love he just doesn’t have his fastball anymore and as time as gone by he’s become more of a fan calling the game then he had in the past. Not a huge deal but again reality matters when you describing something that your audience has the ability to see for themselves. When what they see differs from what they hear it’s a problem

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Well said.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    They are complete homers like most teams announcers. Sam has completely lost it. He had a great career but his eyes maybe worse than John sterling.

Micheletti has a positive spin on every player no matter the situation or the obvious struggle. It would be nice if just once he called it as it is instead of how he’s told by msg management. When you watch every game you don’t need to hear someone tell you the opposite of what you’ve watched.

The letter was a surprise to a lot of fans but not those (like most here) who pay attention. For those who rely on Sam and joe to get the tenure of the team the letter was the first time they heard something was wrong.
    I’m good with anson. More than anything i want someone who gives an honest assessment of the play. Not the narrative of what the rangers are hoping to happen. For example up until the day when Brendan smith was sent to Hartford there was barely a mention of the reality of his play or his poor off season that led to it. It was always a positive spin, never once was it geez the rangers just signed this guy to a big contract for four years and year 1 he comes to camp out of shape. The guy should have been roasted by any honest analyst. But no. Micheletti gets his check from msg but his reputation comes from his work. And his work screams hack. Sam I love he just doesn’t have his fastball anymore and as time as gone by he’s become more of a fan calling the game then he had in the past. Not a huge deal but again reality matters when you describing something that your audience has the ability to see for themselves. When what they see differs from what they hear it’s a problem
    Every team announcer has a positive spin for their respective teams players. If that's your beef with him, it's a poor one.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Every team announcer has a positive spin for their respective teams players. If that's your beef with him, it's a poor one.
    Oh is it? Thank you for once again enlightening me on how I should feel. The point is as the rangers clean house and people comment on who’s good or not how about just getting someone anyone who speaks truth. Otherwise what purpose do they serve if not to educate and help the fans understand the game? If it’s propaganda then hit mute and eventually their job will not exist.

Oh is it? Thank you for once again enlightening me on how I should feel. The point is as the rangers clean house and people comment on whos good or not how about just getting someone anyone who speaks truth. Otherwise what purpose do they serve if not to educate and help the fans understand the game? If its propaganda then hit mute and eventually their job will not exist.
    Youre welcome, glad I can help

So is your beef with that he has a positive spin on someone like Smith trying to make his way back in the NHL or that hes not analyzing the game properly? Because they are two different things entirely.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

what difference does it make what other teams do when discussing who is good on the rangers broadcast? No shit joe and Sam are going nowhere. That doesn’t make them good. For Christ sakes the rangers owner bans fans from msg for criticizing him.

Senior Member Midget Division

well said. were New Yorkers. dont need homer announcers in this town.
    Acqua in bocca

Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    You’re welcome, glad I can help

So is your beef with that he has a positive spin on someone like Smith trying to make his way back in the NHL or that he’s not analyzing the game properly? Because they are two different things entirely.
    It’s not a beef per say. People are responding to who should follow Duguay and othera out the door opening up the discussion to who is good or not.

My “problem” with micheletti is that he’s supposed to be the insider. He supposed to be the guy that gives me and you information that only someone that surrounds the team daily like he does that we are not privy to. Brendan smith last year is just one example. He obviously showed up grossly out of shape and there was never a mention on any ranger broadcast until he was sent to Hartford. Then he addresses it. Too late. He has to be willing to tell the fans the negatives along with the positives. When he passes over obvious truths he has no credibility to analyze or do anything. Who believes anything he says when he tells you anything positive? Is it real or is it spin. His resume says spin.

It’s not a beef per say. People are responding to who should follow Duguay and othera out the door opening up the discussion to who is good or not.

My “problem” with micheletti is that he’s supposed to be the insider. He supposed to be the guy that gives me and you information that only someone that surrounds the team daily like he does that we are not privy to. Brendan smith last year is just one example. He obviously showed up grossly out of shape and there was never a mention on any ranger broadcast until he was sent to Hartford. Then he addresses it. Too late. He has to be willing to tell the fans the negatives along with the positives. When he passes over obvious truths he has no credibility to analyze or do anything. Who believes anything he says when he tells you anything positive? Is it real or is it spin. His resume says spin.
    So as someone that surrounds the team daily like Joe does, you expect him to go on air and call a player a fat, out of shape fuck and keep his relationship with the players in the locker room? All that will lead to is...

[QUOTE=Long live the King;939194]So as someone that surrounds the team daily like Joe does, you expect him to go on air and call a player a fat, out of shape fuck and keep his relationship with the players in the locker room? All that will lead to is...

[video=youtube;EVrnMmCf4LM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

Is that what I said? Smith signed an extension a big contract last off season. Never a mention that something was wrong, only how great of a signing and how good he was and how important he will be. Not even a whisper of some concerns of possibly smith taking the summer off. You decide to take it to a whole other level to make what point? That is not at all what I said.

Maybe you should be mad at him. His rosy outlook regarding everything rangers had you believing that they were contenders last year. Them and the blue jackets. Had you saying the rangers would never give up on the season so close to a playoff spot. For those who had a clue saw that the team was not good. I wanted the rebuild only to be yelled at, like now, by you about how they were as good as anybody if they got hot. Why would I care or expect you to have any idea of what I’m talking about? How was the victory parade? Were people throwing copies of the rebuild letter?

Asking someone to be honest somehow offends some. Micheletti isn’t bad at his job because he doesn’t know what he’s talking about, he does. He’s bad because he only tells one side of the truth.

I'm not offended. You're asking a commentator, employed by an organization, to publicly undermine the decision of said organization. That's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    I'm not offended. You're asking a commentator, employed by an organization, to publicly undermine the decision of said organization. That's not going to happen.
    Exactly, just like every other commentator for every other organization.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Maloney is pretty honest in his assessments.

He's also a lush.

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Thanks for that video of Boyle. The next video after that was Tortorellas funniest moments = priceless.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast