• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

"Name one thing that you're optimistic about about the Ottawa Senators..."

Phil

That's good.

The only thing I guess is Brady Tkachuk. I read somewhere (The Athletic I think) that he's been tearing it up so far in dev camp/training camp.

For sure! The kid is going to be a handful and he has the best attitude/approach to hockey and his career that I've seen from an 18 y/o. Any interview he talks about hockey is worth a listen. I feel bad for him getting thrown in that mess.

This is brutal.

At least BS a bit, new faces, good draft the last 2 years, Tkachuk and Formeton, young D getting chance, especially Chabot, guys playing for contracts like Duchene and Stone, guys looking to bounce back like Gaborik, Ryan...

say something!

This is brutal.

At least BS a bit, new faces, good draft the last 2 years, Tkachuk and Formeton, young D getting chance, especially Chabot, guys playing for contracts like Duchene and Stone, guys looking to bounce back like Gaborik, Ryan...

say something!

Exactly. I mean, Tkachuk alone. How do you pause that long with that look on your face when you just drafted him?

Full answer:

We’re a team. If you look at how the guys have reacted through all of the adversity we’ve faced, through the summer, through trading our superstar defenceman, I think this group has responded well. We’ve had one of the greatest camps we’ve had and we’re going to thrive as a team. And you know with that and with the good group of young players we have coming up and the plan we’ve set in place, I’m really looking for a positive future for this organization.

Link to full interview -

Archived