• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

EDM Re-Sign D Darnell Nurse to 2-Year/$6.4M Extension; $3.2M AAV

Phil

Two year deal...interesting. For a team with so many young players, bridging one of their top two d-men is odd to say the least. Anyone think Nurse refused any offer in excess of 2 yearss? Or is this trying to leave them open for a trade? I can't imagine they'd deal him, but I feel like his name was involved in trade rumors at some point.

Two year deal...interesting. For a team with so many young players, bridging one of their top two d-men is odd to say the least. Anyone think Nurse refused any offer in excess of 2 yearss? Or is this trying to leave them open for a trade? I can't imagine they'd deal him, but I feel like his name was involved in trade rumors at some point.

Very possible. Otherwise this will cost Edm a lot more, in short time, we'll see. Why wouldn't a GM try to lock their best dman down to a Skjei-like contract? Even a tad more if necessary, for 5-6 years. I'd take Nurse's best 5-6 years, all day every day. Seems better than a massive 7-8 year deal, 1.5 years from now.

Archived