Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zibanejad Leaves Practice After Hit to the Head

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Zibanejad Leaves Practice After Hit to the Head

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Underperformer.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Hate to say this but maybe it’s best to trade a player with such history before it’s one hit to many. He’s a player of high value and to have to hold your breath every time he gets hit seems like waiting for the inevitable. I hope he has a long healthy productive career but the heartless part of me wants to protect the asset and flip him for assets that aren’t damaged.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I feel like almost every player, by the time they reach the NHL, has had a concussion.

//reported Junior Division
    Fuck outta here. What a shit way to start the preseason. Some kid named Joey Keane hit him...
    LGR!

Keane is the Rangers' third-round pick (88th) from this past draft. He's a riser, too.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    There has got to be real concern over his concussion history. Trading him is hardly the answer, because the rest of the league is fully aware of it and will value him accordingly. I tend to think that he may be destined never to play 75 games in a season for the Rangers.

I can't get out of my mind the look on Pat LaFontaine's face after he took the final hit of his career (an accidental collision with a teamate).

Senior Member Bantam Division AliveIn94's Avatar
    He's still young, we'll see what comes up...might not be serious.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Put him on the wing. Let him worry about skating and shooting.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect
    Trade him.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    There has got to be real concern over his concussion history. Trading him is hardly the answer, because the rest of the league is fully aware of it and will value him accordingly. I tend to think that he may be destined never to play 75 games in a season for the Rangers.

I can't get out of my mind the look on Pat LaFontaine's face after he took the final hit of his career (an accidental collision with a teamate).
    What you get for him today or before today’s practice is probably pretty good. Obviously you’d be trading for potential but in the infancy of this rebuild right now would be a good time to move him. The season is probably a lost cause anyway and two years from now when they are hopefully taking meaningful steps towards competitive hockey you can’t afford for him to go down then.

Whatever you get today is better than having to worry about a player who seems to be brittle as an egg. It sucks because he’s super talented and a human being.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    What a massive over reaction based on a tweet from Carp of all people.

The only worrying thing about this is that Zib had to leave the ice "after getting the wind knocked out of him".
    By a 6ft/185, 19 year old kid no less.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    That doesn't even deserve a reply or explanation, to be honest.

I agree to be fair.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What a massive over reaction based on a tweet from Carp of all people.
    Careful, we'll trade you next!
    GORTON 2020

He was in concussion evaluation day 1 of training camp. He’s had 5 or 6 concussion and he’s 24? He’s the rangers top center and a vital piece going forward. Discussing his health and his injury history because he had a concussion scare day 1 of camp is not worth talking about? What does it matter how it was reported when it is indeed true? Not sure what the overreaction is

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Getting the wind knocked out of you is scary but it usually does no damage. So if he did just get the wind knocked out then there should be zero concern. Quinn brushed it off and said he was fine so I have no reason to think he wasn't truthful. It's more than likely a journalist creating hype.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    And an NHL team would never conceal head trauma as having wind knocked out of a player for public consumption. Nah. As Faftrancesa says, 5-6 concussions (by Zib's own acknowledgement) at age 24. He doesn't need to have had the "wind knocked out of him" for me to be concerned. I'm concerned whenever he steps on the ice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast