• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Pronman: Top 100 NHL Prospects 2018-2019

Gravesy

He's at it again. Now ranking the top 100 prospects.

https://theathletic.com/508797/2018/09/12/pronman-top-100-nhl-prospects-entering-the-2018-19-season/

The Rangers have 2 guys in the "high end" range:

17. Vitaly Kravtsov, RW, New York Rangers

Skating: 55

Puck Skills: 65

Physical Game: 50

Hockey sense: 55

Kravtsov is 6-foot-2, skates rather well, has dynamic hands and is pretty coordinated for his size. He can push defenders back with speed and gain the offensive zone with control. While he can make some nice plays and shows good creativity, I think he?s more of a finisher than a playmaker; someone who could drive his offense in the NHL through leading on zone entries and finishing chances from a distance. His vision looked better to me this season than last, but he?s not going to be a guy who hovers around looking for options. He?ll need work off the puck, too, as he can get pushed off pucks a little too easily for a big man. But when he uses his body, his frame protects the puck well.

Note on tier change: Kravtsov was rated as a high very good prospect in August, but upon watching his performance for Russia in the summer and his early KHL games, I bumped him up and changed his skill grade from a 60 to a 65.

23. Filip Chytil, C, New York Rangers

Skating: 60

Puck Skills: 60

Physical Game: 45

Hockey sense: 55

Chytil opened eyes in training camp for the Rangers, starting the season up on the big club briefly before being sent down to the AHL where he was one of the best 18-year-old players in that league in recent years. The 21st overall pick from last year?s draft is a center with high-end speed and skill who can make a real impact on any given shift. He has shown his instincts are there to use his talents. He doesn?t take over consistently, more in flashes. Chytil needs to get stronger, and engage a little better. Even if he doesn?t end up a star he can still drive a lot of controlled entries and make plays, which has value.

And two guys on the "Legit prospect" range:

59. Lias Andersson, C, New York Rangers

Skating: 50

Puck Skills: 55

Physical Game: 50

Hockey sense: 60

Andersson had an impressive season between the SHL, AHL and NHL. He was also good at the World Juniors and solid for the Swedish national team as a teenager. His two best traits are his hockey sense and work ethic. He?s the kind of player who will go through a wall to win a puck. He?s also a very smart playmaker who understands how to create offense. Skill wise he?s above-average, showing the occasional great flash. His skating is very average and may limit his offensive potential in the NHL.

4. Igor Shesterkin, New York Rangers

Shesterkin had another fantastic season in Russia, as he continues to establish himself as one of the top goalies outside the NHL. Shesterkin is a very athletic goalie with high-end reflexes. His glove can get him out of tough situations with consistency, and his lateral agility helps him make a lot of difficult saves. He?s become more sound in tracking pucks and squaring up shots, but his value comes from getting to pucks other goalies can?t. He is signed in the KHL through the 2018-19 season and could be an NHL goalie once that deal is up.

The top 10 is:

1. Rasmus Dahlin (Special Prospect)

2. Andrei Svechnikov (Elite)

3. Casey Mittelstadt

4. Robert Thomas

5. Henrik Borgstrom

6. Phil Zadina

7. Quinn Hughes

8. Jesperi Kotkaniemi

9. Elias Petterson

10. Martin Necas (High end)

I know I'm probably wrong for thinking this but here's where I'm coming from this season;

I know it's going to be a long season...we're not going anywhere, anytime soon, and that's how a rebuild is...I get that, and I'm totally cool with it....BUT

I do like the fact that we went out and got a VERY physical defenseman and if we incorporate a physical team mentality, I wouldn't mind losing so much, as long as they take a few bites out of the opposition with some clean hard hits, and maybe a couple of brawls here and there.

I know....I'm a jackoff for looking for old school hockey, but fuck it...That's what I want to see. It really turns my stomach watching the fucking ice follies every year with teams running our boys and taking liberties with our pussy players. So the fuck with it, I wanna see some entertainment this year...Ozzy style. If we're gonna lose....lose tough!

Oh yeah and Hayes goes to a contender at the deadline for a #1 and a prospect....(my prediction, Pete)

That's the hockey I want to see... Doesn't matter if the league passed it by, as long as we get a pound of flesh... For no reason at all. Makes total sense.

You missed clean hard hits and standing up for your young players ("brawls here and there"). Physicality is still a part of the game in my eyes, Pete. I know you're more of a purist but the Kings ate us alive in the finals playing a tough clean physical style.

But I'm not going to defend it more than that. This team's been playing like a bunch of pussies since that waste product was behind the bench. I wanna see something tougher, that's all.

You missed clean hard hits and standing up for your young players ("brawls here and there"). Physicality is still a part of the game in my eyes, Pete. I know you're more of a purist but the Kings ate us alive in the finals playing a tough clean physical style.

But I'm not going to defend it more than that. This team's been playing like a bunch of pussies since that waste product was behind the bench. I wanna see something tougher, that's all.

I hear you. Was just fucking with you.

I hear you. Was just fucking with you.

...add in the fact that I watched Slap shot on Wednesday night....

:rofl:

Dude...seriously....I'm really in need of some hockey....this off season is feeling like FOREVER!!!! We all should get together for a game this year, man! It would be a scream!

Archived