Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rangers Announce 2018 Training Camp Roster

Hello,

Does anybody know if training camp this weekend is open to the public? Thank you

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    I doubt it. Don't think it's been open to the public since Tarrytown.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Bantam Division

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Im surprised some of those guys didn’t get a game.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Day and Ronning to Hartford, they didn't even get a game. Obviously the org agrees that their next development stage is in Hartford. No reason to rush these kids from Juniors.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Halverson busted out?

Senior Member Junior Division
    That was awfully fast.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Halverson busted out?
    Isn’t he hurt? Or am I thinking of someone else?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Ronning — I think the Rangers realized Ronning isn’t going to be able to fight for a spot on the team with the influx of wingers, and they want him to be comfortable transitioning to the AHL. Ronning’s 60+ goal showing in the WHL last year has created insane expectations for him, and we all need to accept that if he has 20 goals in the AHL this year it’s a huge success. Let him grow.

I am a little surprised that Ronning was cut while Ryan Gropp was left up, but again, if Gropp is here as fodder because they know there isn’t a battle there, then so be it. Ronning’s development is more important at this time.

Day — Again. Day was never making the team out of camp. I know the instinct is to say “I would have liked to see him in one preseason game” but this is another situation where it’s probably better for him to be in the slow cooker than putting him right on the fire. Especially since it won’t be easy for him to make the AHL squad with that logjam, so may as well have him comfortable from the get go.
    https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2018...rs-roster-cuts

Seems fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Like the slow cooker analogy. Was saying the same thing about Ronning and Day months ago and was sorta eviscerated by one or two here. Yet, this is really the natural progression for most kids coming from Juniors who haven't played enough hockey against men to justify some massively accelerated development jump.

As a sidenote, some fans misunderstand that sending Ronning to Hartford for the start of Camp does not mean that he is not a stronger prospect than Gropp or others still at Ranger camp.

Ronning cant win a puck battle to save his life. Easy cut.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Ronning cant win a puck battle to save his life. Easy cut.
    They said the same about his father and St. Louis, Zuc, Marchessault, etc. There is more room for small skilled players in today's NHL. They usually take longer too. Definitely easy "cut". He's just a kid from Juniors! Like all good prospects he is moving up to compete at the next level and continue to develop his game in the AHL.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Holy fuck, Ty is Cliff’s son?
    I genuinely had no idea. Almost had to take a seat for a minute

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I can't believe Day is only 20. It feels like he's been in the system forever. Hopefully he has a good season in Hartford this year.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Like the slow cooker analogy. Was saying the same thing about Ronning and Day months ago and was sorta eviscerated by one or two here. Yet, this is really the natural progression for most kids coming from Juniors who haven't played enough hockey against men to justify some massively accelerated development jump.

As a sidenote, some fans misunderstand that sending Ronning to Hartford for the start of Camp does not mean that he is not a stronger prospect than Gropp or others still at Ranger camp.
    Not sure how cutting a player as preseason starts is good for such a players psyche. Kid was talking all summer about how he wanted a chance to prove what he's got to the staff........ Instant cut.

At least give the kid a look or a chance to hang with the club and it's pros... Gropp, Schneider (whom I liked last pre season as well as Carey) Mcleod, get to stay and play but this scoring machine from Jr's gets no looks.

I thought we were going to see a different process. Not the usual already planned out outlook.

I hope he takes it well and it pushes him to prove that he's got something to offer.

I think Halverson is hurt. Was wondering if Quinn would like to see what his former player had. Guess he's just not playing and is healing.

I'm assuming Ronning was told what to work on during prospect camp during June. He looked horrible at Traverse city, like a kid that was only there because someone knew his dad. The few clips of him at training camp were embarrassing, him struggling along the boards or quickly getting pushed off the puck during drills.

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    None of them shoot enough....

If I had a quarter for every time I yelled "Shoot it!" last season, I could've retired a rich man 4 months ago!
    You and I both ! " Shoot it - Dumb Ass". My family always know when I'm watching the Ranger game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Banned Midget Division
    thank heavens. some people were worried no one will get cut

oh...and last names that start with "H, I, J, K" will be cut tomorrow

"Fontaine, Gettinger, Gilmour, and Gropp "

Yey!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast