• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Watching MSG/Rangers Without Cable?

Giocamin1589

• 3 months later...
MSGGo does not work outside of the USA in my experience. The Spectrum app is good, but you need to be connected to your 'home network.' WTF? How can I do that from Mexico? When all else fails, I listen to the game on the streamed radio call which you can find on the NHL/NY Rangers web site - the link has been very reliable and I get to hear the friendly voices of Ken Albert/Dave Maloney while traveling.

MSGGo does not work outside of the USA in my experience. The Spectrum app is good, but you need to be connected to your 'home network.' WTF? How can I do that from Mexico? When all else fails, I listen to the game on the streamed radio call which you can find on the NHL/NY Rangers web site - the link has been very reliable and I get to hear the friendly voices of Ken Albert/Dave Maloney while traveling.
Can't you setup a VPN where you you can connect to a network in the US?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Looking to cutting the cord. Thinking about cancelling Directv, and going with YoutubeTV. I have a samsung smart tv in my living room, and a roku stick. How would I get to watch MSG? MSGgo using my parents spectrum account?

Are you looking to watch MSG or are you making sure you can see games?

Looking to cutting the cord. Thinking about cancelling Directv, and going with YoutubeTV. I have a samsung smart tv in my living room, and a roku stick. How would I get to watch MSG? MSGgo using my parents spectrum account?
When I travel I use the MSGgo app using my Verizon account so you be able to use your parents account

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I pay the $130 or whatever it is/year for NHL.TV using my firestick. I have to use a VPN blocker because im in NYC but if youre in CT then you shouldnt have to as far as I know and it will work fine. Games stream perfectly and its legal.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I travel a decent amount for work and MSG GO did not work when I was in Canada or in Vegas- black out restrictions or something.

I pay the $130 or whatever it is/year for NHL.TV using my firestick. I have to use a VPN blocker because im in NYC but if youre in CT then you shouldnt have to as far as I know and it will work fine. Games stream perfectly and its legal.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I travel a decent amount for work and MSG GO did not work when I was in Canada or in Vegas- black out restrictions or something.

which VPN do you use? I had unblock-us and it worked with my Xbox One until they changed it to NHLTV and it got blocked.

• 1 year later...

Instead of starting another cord cutting thread, figured I'd ask here.

I cut the cord about 1 1/2 years ago and it has worked out well. I took So Nashty's advice and got bulletvpn and the NHL package so I was able to watch all the Rangers games w/o any issues....for the most part...I think their was one game I couldn't watch.

Anyways with football season starting, was just curious if anyone knows if I will be able to stream NFL games from different markets using the VPN. For instance, if I log into bulletvpn and click the Miami area, will I be able to watch the Miami Dolphins games on their local CBS Network if I have access to the CBS All Access app?

So, I think I found away to avoid my dilemma of not being able to watch the Miami Dolphins. I logged in with BulletVPN in different US cities. Logged into the FOXNOW app and was able to get the local channel in the city that I was logged into....for the most part. Then I logged into CBS All Access....No go, looks like they may have blocked BulletVPN. Then I decided to do a 7 day trial of ExpressVPN. FOXNOW and CBS All Access worked in the the cities that I connected to.

Finally, I decided to try for shits and giggles to log into Canada on ExpressVPN, and sign up for the DAZN app for 30 days. DAZN Canada has pretty much NFL Sunday ticket from what I gather. Went into the Sunday schedule and had all the football games listed available to watch.