Thread: Watching MSG/Rangers Without Cable?

Watching MSG/Rangers Without Cable?

My cable provider does not carry the MSG Network. Any updates on how to get MSG via other sources? I don't mind paying a basic monthly fee.

Thanks in advance.

Moderator Squirt Division
    I am also out of MSG range. I get the games - with the MSG feed - through my NHL.com subscription which is about $12/mo. You can stream any non-blacked out game. They won't show games that are cast on NBCSN or NHL Network.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    There’s always a stream available somewhere
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Looking to cutting the cord. Thinking about cancelling Directv, and going with YoutubeTV. I have a samsung smart tv in my living room, and a roku stick. How would I get to watch MSG? MSGgo using my parents spectrum account?

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    Does MSG GO have a Roku or Samsung app? Or does it allow for screen mirroring from your phone?

Last I used MSG GO, the features were pretty sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinity View Post
    Does MSG GO have a Roku or Samsung app? Or does it allow for screen mirroring from your phone?

Last I used MSG GO, the features were pretty sparse.
    Not on the roku or samsung account.

The Dolphin Whisperer BSBH Rookie
    At least on Android, the MSG GO app is complete shit - can't cast to a TV, sometimes it won't load. I wouldn't rely on that for watching MSG.

Senior Member Midget Division
    MSGGo does not work outside of the USA in my experience. The Spectrum app is good, but you need to be connected to your 'home network.' WTF? How can I do that from Mexico? When all else fails, I listen to the game on the streamed radio call which you can find on the NHL/NY Rangers web site - the link has been very reliable and I get to hear the friendly voices of Ken Albert/Dave Maloney while traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by 4EverRangerFrank View Post
    MSGGo does not work outside of the USA in my experience. The Spectrum app is good, but you need to be connected to your 'home network.' WTF? How can I do that from Mexico? When all else fails, I listen to the game on the streamed radio call which you can find on the NHL/NY Rangers web site - the link has been very reliable and I get to hear the friendly voices of Ken Albert/Dave Maloney while traveling.
    Can't you setup a VPN where you you can connect to a network in the US?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    Looking to cutting the cord. Thinking about cancelling Directv, and going with YoutubeTV. I have a samsung smart tv in my living room, and a roku stick. How would I get to watch MSG? MSGgo using my parents spectrum account?
    Are you looking to watch MSG or are you making sure you can see games?
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Can't you setup a VPN where you you can connect to a network in the US?

I can’t - LOL! I’ll ask my son next time.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Are you looking to watch MSG or are you making sure you can see games?
    Just to watch Rangers games.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Heaven View Post
    When I travel I use the MSGgo app using my Verizon account so you be able to use your parents account

"Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Junior Division
    if you go to the rangers Reddit page, their game day threads always have a stream that is always really good quality and extremely reliable. Never had issues with it cutting out. I pull it up on the browser on my xbox one right to my TV and it works perfect.

I pay the $130 or whatever it is/year for NHL.TV using my firestick. I have to use a VPN blocker because im in NYC but if youre in CT then you shouldnt have to as far as I know and it will work fine. Games stream perfectly and its legal.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I travel a decent amount for work and MSG GO did not work when I was in Canada or in Vegas- black out restrictions or something.

Anyone ever use FuboTV? Looks like the only streaming service that has YES, SNY, MSG. More sports oriented streaming service.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    I pay the $130 or whatever it is/year for NHL.TV using my firestick. I have to use a VPN blocker because im in NYC but if youre in CT then you shouldnt have to as far as I know and it will work fine. Games stream perfectly and its legal.

https://www.nhl.com/subscribe

I travel a decent amount for work and MSG GO did not work when I was in Canada or in Vegas- black out restrictions or something.
    which VPN do you use? I had unblock-us and it worked with my Xbox One until they changed it to NHLTV and it got blocked.

//reported Junior Division
    I can typically provide a stream link to those that PM me.
    LGR!

Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    which VPN do you use? I had unblock-us and it worked with my Xbox One until they changed it to NHLTV and it got blocked.
    I use bullet vpn and haven’t had any problems on the fire stick. Can’t seem to get it to work on the iPhone though.