• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Gorton Still Wants to Re-Sign Hayes Long-Term

Phil

?Mika and Kevin earned the right to be centers off of their careers and the seasons they had for us last season,? Gorton said. ?As far as Kevin, people should not assume we?re necessarily in a one-and-done situation.

?It is a one-year deal, but like I?ve told Kevin, we?d like to have him long-term. He?s said that he wants to be here, so let?s have him come to camp in great shape, be a leader, have a big season, and let?s go from there. Nothing is set in stone.?

https://nypost.com/2018/09/06/rangers-second-year-studs-in-middle-of-center-glut/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

For the first time in a long time, they actually have a lot of depth at center ready to step in. Andersson, Chytil and Howden are ready to take over the middle, I don’t see how Hayes fits in with this team anymore. It’s either him or Zib, and I’d rather have Zib over Hayes.

I think they wait until December/January. If the team is doing well, and Hayes is a big part of the success, they try to extend him at a reasonable rate.

If he's hard at the negotiation table, or the team is "as expected", he's traded at the deadline.

There are a lot of teams that could use a 2nd/3rd line center this season, or at playoff time. We could see a solid return.

I'm actually excited to see Hayes play this season. IDK why, but I feel like he's going to be considerably better than the previous two season. Wishing thinking maybe, but he's definitely had flashes of solid.

Philly, he's most likely going to have a superstar year, and we're gonna make a killing when we deal him at the deadline. :drool:

Philly, he's most likely going to have a superstar year, and we're gonna make a killing when we deal him at the deadline. :drool:

And then sign him on July 1st, lol, just like we did Nash and Grabner. Lol.

maybe he ate too many of Philly's wings last year...

Hahhaa, man...I should make wings soon. Maybe I'll get some for the season opener.

Archived