• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2018-19

Phil

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pro side of a pay league is that people definitely pay more attention.

What I say next is based on my past experience in other leagues, and no reflection on anyone associated with BSBH.

When you are in a pay league and something appears to be unfair (uneven trade, someone dumping players, etc) regardless of whether it was intentionally not ethical or just poor judgement, it really leaves a bad taste and carries over to how people relate to each other.

Preemptively, since it's more important for me to post and interact on BSBH than the fantasy hockey, if it is a pay league than I'm out. Best of luck to all who play in the fantasy hockey league. Again, this is based on my past experiences in other leagues, I've had nothing but positive experiences in this league.

I'm kinda with you. League 2 had a really shady trade on the deadline. Not sure how it went through. I complained and now I don't think I'm invited... Or at least I haven't been sent anything yet besides an email from Yahoo saying the league has been deleted.. I'm always very involved with my teams. If that were a money league, I'd have been really pissed.

Read the beginning of this thread, Dude. I've merged leagues, largely for reasons like this.

A "shady" trade going through is an indicment on the activity ? or lack thereof ? of the league. Trades can and should be vetoed by the majority if they aren't fair. That can't happen when more than half the league shows up for the first two weeks of the season and then never plays again.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

OK, so minor complication on this season, everyone. pws will not be able to pay his dues due to living in a restricted area (oversight on my part). Because of this, the only way to successfully transfer his team to another user (Long live the King) is to cancel the contest and then establish it again.

This means everyone will be receiving a refund on the $20 they paid in, but will need to re-pay the $20 fee ahead of the draft.

I'm sorry, but I contacted Yahoo! directly on this and there is no other way to do this. I'll be cancelling the original contest this morning.

We draft next Tuesday, so please pay in the $20 buy in again as soon as possible. Thanks.

Please everyone pay by the deadline otherwise it reverts to a non-cash league.

https://forums.yahoo.net/t5/Help-with-Fantasy-Football/Cash-league-payment-deadline-missed/td-p/335852

Cash league payment deadline missed

I am the commissioner of a cash league, and 11 of the 12 teams paid by the entry fee deadline. But one manger did not, and now everyone has had their entry fee refunded.

Is there a way to reset the cash league? Making it a cash league is no longer listed as an option under commissioner tools (you can't click on "Convert to a Cash League").

Solved! Go to Solution.

Desktop Web Browser

All forum topics Previous Topic Next Topic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve

Steve Sports Pro All-star

‎09-04-2017 11:42 AM

Re: Cash league payment deadline missed

@seifteruk

Your option is to create a brand new cash league.

Once a cash league is cancelled or moved to non-cash status, it cannot be moved back to cash status.

REMINDER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT RE-PAID YET:

• Morphinty (Advanced Stastny)

• High and Wide (Lozo's Sighs)

• Scotty Gomez (Nylander's Neighbor)

• Lt. Dan (The Replacements)

• josh (Russian Meddling)

• Puck head (Bro's Before Hossa)

The deadline is MONDAY. We draft Tuesday. Please pay as soon as you can. I know a few of you have already pledged to pay shortly. But, still, a general reminder.

The whole purpose of doing a cash league this year was to improve activity/interest, and to reward this group for exactly that. If even one of you fails to pay, the league will revert back to a standard league, which defeats the purpose of why we did this in first place. Don't be that guy.

Just seven of twelve teams have paid. Let's go, boys. Payment is due BY MONDAY. You guys are really bringing this to the wire.

Still waiting on:

Advanced Stastny — Morphinity

Nylander's Neighbor — Scotty Gomez

Russian Meddling — josh

Bro's Before Hossa — Puck Head

Nothing Like AHO — CardiacCanes06