Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 210

Thread: BSBH Fantasy Hockey 2018-19

  1. #181
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,687
    Rep Power
    423
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Phil you have some interesting names.

    And I hate Brett Burns...
    I'm also just spinning my wheels throughout this entire start to the season. I feel like I'm built mostly on utility, with little impact.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  2. #182
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,732
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I feel like I'm built mostly on utility, with little impact.
    Sounds like my sex life.

  3. #183
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    81
    Injuries are killers... if a player is week-to-week, I don't know why a team doesn't just put him on IR. Too valuable to drop, but an empty hole in the lineup when they are not IR
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  4. #184
    Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Puck Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    North Pole
    Posts
    10,784
    Rep Power
    131
    Feeling pretty good about offensive stats this season.
    Need work in net


    Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  5. #185
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,262
    Rep Power
    76
    Josh, what kinda reverse psychology shit you tryin to pull?

    Looking for Goals and PP Points while putting Draisaitl on the block...

  6. #186
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,029
    Rep Power
    82
    Ok what?
    Why not just drop Allen and pick up another goalie?
    Why are you getting rid of Sidney Crosby to pick up Murray?

    @fletch?
    Also, you wanted Backstrom/Murray for your package and you're gonna settle for Draisaitl? Lemme figure out how to say, "FUCK NO" to this deal.
    LGR!

  7. #187
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,620
    Rep Power
    268
    I’m not dropping Allen.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  8. #188
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Ok what?
    Why not just drop Allen and pick up another goalie?
    Why are you getting rid of Sidney Crosby to pick up Murray?

    @fletch?
    Also, you wanted Backstrom/Murray for your package and you're gonna settle for Draisaitl? Lemme figure out how to say, "FUCK NO" to this deal.
    Hard to win many weeks when you are losing 3-0 in goalie points every week, and deal improves my goaltending. Murray is a significant upgrade over anything available on the waiver wire. Crosby improves his roster.

    Vetoes should be used when there is collusion (one player is dumping). That isn't the case here - I'm certainly not giving up in week 5 of a cash league. And I did win three years in a row in BSBH 2, so I must know a thing or two about fantasy hockey.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  9. #189
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,687
    Rep Power
    423
    There's nothing wrong with this trade. Allen is an anchor. He's going to tank anyone's goaltending stats, so, no, fletch didn't give up Sid to get Murray. He gave up Sid to get Murray and to have Josh take on Allen. No one should be vetoing this trade. There's no justifiable reason to do so. It was a hockey deal between two clubs.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #190
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,262
    Rep Power
    76
    except, especially with radulov and getzlaf out, fletch is killing his offense. And he's trading 4 wins a 3.99 GAA and a .879 SV% for 4, 3.87, and .886. He's not getting any goal tending help here. This is where Matt Murray's game is at...horrible.

  11. #191
    If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    84,687
    Rep Power
    423
    That's his choice. The trade itself is not lopsided, is my point. And that's the only real reason anyone should be vetoing a deal.
    Hidden Content

    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi


    "Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

    - Christopher Hitchens

  12. #192
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    81
    Fantasy trade analyzer has this trade as fair value, with the Draisaitl/Murray side slightly favored.

    https://www.fantasysp.com/trade/nhl/...rray-draisaitl
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  13. #193
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,029
    Rep Power
    82
    You people are weird. Drop Allen and ride the FA wave. I digress, I've never won anything at Fantasy.
    I still don't understand "I'm not dropping Allen"
    Maybe I need an upgrade on G, I keep getting this alert that several hundred people have dropped Sarros.
    FUCK IT. I CHOSE MY FUCKING FATE.
    Fuck you Martin Jones.

    Also, I voted against the trade.
    LGR!

  14. #194
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,620
    Rep Power
    268
    You don’t vote against trades in a money League because you “don’t like them” or you wanted one of the players involved.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  15. #195
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,029
    Rep Power
    82
    Don't tell me what to do!
    LGR!

  16. #196
    swamped Midget Division
    fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Too far from MSG
    Posts
    4,195
    Rep Power
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    You people are weird. Drop Allen and ride the FA wave. I digress, I've never won anything at Fantasy.
    I still don't understand "I'm not dropping Allen"
    Maybe I need an upgrade on G, I keep getting this alert that several hundred people have dropped Sarros.
    FUCK IT. I CHOSE MY FUCKING FATE.
    Fuck you Martin Jones.

    Also, I voted against the trade.
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Don't tell me what to do!
    OK, so you are comfortable with going with the hot hand of Sarros, Kinkaid, Lehner, Howard... that is your choice.

    You have the arrogance of telling me that you know how to run my team better than I do. And you are trying to block me from doing what I think is best for my team.

    Draisaitl had 25 goals and 45 assists last year, while Crosby had 29 goals and 60 assists. Draisaitl has gotten off to a better start than Crosby this year. Crosby will end up with more points than Draisaitl, but let's not react like I'm trading Crosby for a fourth line checker.

    And Russian Meddling is willing to go from Murray, Talbot, and Mike Smith to roll the dice with Talbot, Smith, and Allen to get Crosby. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.

    I try and set my best lineup each week, whether I'm in first place or last place in a league. I'm the kind of owner you want to compete against, not the kind that checks out when they are losing.

    So screw anyone that tries to manage my team for me.
    "We're all f*cked. It helps to remember that." - George Carlin

    "How many Cups you've got?" - Esa Tikkanen

    "Hatred can keep you warm when you run out of liquor" - Ray Ratto, Dan Patrick show 1/20/2017

  17. #197
    Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    josh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    25,620
    Rep Power
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb™ View Post
    Don't tell me what to do!
    Go to your room!
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

  18. #198
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,029
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch View Post
    OK, so you are comfortable with going with the hot hand of Sarros, Kinkaid, Lehner, Howard... that is your choice.

    You have the arrogance of telling me that you know how to run my team better than I do. And you are trying to block me from doing what I think is best for my team.

    Draisaitl had 25 goals and 45 assists last year, while Crosby had 29 goals and 60 assists. Draisaitl has gotten off to a better start than Crosby this year. Crosby will end up with more points than Draisaitl, but let's not react like I'm trading Crosby for a fourth line checker.

    And Russian Meddling is willing to go from Murray, Talbot, and Mike Smith to roll the dice with Talbot, Smith, and Allen to get Crosby. Pretty ballsy if you ask me.

    I try and set my best lineup each week, whether I'm in first place or last place in a league. I'm the kind of owner you want to compete against, not the kind that checks out when they are losing.

    So screw anyone that tries to manage my team for me.
    Arrogance? No.
    Naivety and negligence? Sure.
    Do I have to say yes to you helping your team? No.
    LGR!

  19. #199
    //reported Junior Division
    phillyb™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    9,029
    Rep Power
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Go to your room!
    BUT IT"S ONLY A ONE BEDROOM. MY OFFICE IS ALREDAY IN HE LIVING ROOM.
    wHy Is LiFe So HarD?
    LGR!

  20. #200
    Senior Member Bantam Division lefty9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Fleury sucks
    He did great for me last season,he has had a slow start ,but it's still early

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •