Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rapper Mac Miller, Dead at 26

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Everything the government touches goes to shit. I don’t know why we’d empower them.
    This. I can’t think of anything government run that isn’t in trouble.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    You guys should all come and live in Norway

Banned Midget Division
    why?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    US was 6th before you closed that fucking thread.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    And this: https://nordic.businessinsider.com/b...17-3?r=US&IR=T

I mostly said it as a joke tho, since I see you guys arguing/debating about politics so often, but its a nice place to live. And we got Zuc aswell.

Banned Midget Division
    fake news!....lol. Nordics are drunk during their 9 months of winter, hence happy

Moderator Junior Division
    You know what would go a long way in helping the drug problem? NATIONAL HEALTHCARE.
    How? Giving more people more access to opioids isn't going to fix anything. If anything, it will disincentivize getting clean, because there's no financial burden on it, and more folks will feel free to complain about <insert body part> pain to get a subscription at no additional cost. Free Narcan treatments already give a safety net. Christ, you can walk into a pharmacy and buy naloxone cheaper than a fucking inhaler.

Odd how all the other developed nations with universal healthcare problems don't have nearly the opioid crisis we do.

http://theconversation.com/what-the-...d-crisis-97491
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Odd how all the other developed nations with universal healthcare problems don't have nearly the opioid crisis we do.

http://theconversation.com/what-the-...d-crisis-97491

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4828527?__t...mpression=true

Also, Universal Healthcare blows. It's illegal for me to buy Healthcare that suits me and my family. ILLEGAL. As in, I don't have a choice, we wait in the over crowded line like everyone else.

We don't have a family doctor. My wife RAN a clinic with one 70 year old GP and 2,300 rostered patients.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ticle37490512/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...care-1.4602728

Yours isn't perfect either, I get it, but you have choice. I don't.

Dunny out.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Also, Universal Healthcare blows. It's illegal for me to buy Healthcare that suits me and my family. ILLEGAL. As in, I don't have a choice, we wait in the over crowded line like everyone else.

We don't have a family doctor. My wife RAN a clinic with one 70 year old GP and 2,300 rostered patients.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/opin...ticle37490512/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...care-1.4602728

Yours isn't perfect either, I get it, but you have choice. I don't.

Dunny out.
    My wife works for a Canadian company.

You're the only Canadian I've ever heard complain about it. Just my anecdote.

I'd rather my healthcare be affordable (as in basically free) than have the "choice" to pay an insane premium or not have healthcare at all. That's not a choice. It's risking your life.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

I’ve never heard a Canadian praise their system. I’ve heard them take shots at the US and paying, but never heard praise for their health care.

Although, when it comes to employment, I have heard people complain about the lack of any type of benefits or benefit program.

I'd rather my healthcare be affordable (as in basically free) than have the "choice" to pay an insane premium or not have healthcare at all. That's not a choice. It's risking your life.
    That’s ignorant.

There are already free healthcare facilities, you dolt.

Senior Member Midget Division
    What programs or government spending do we cut to fund this or should I just throw in the towel and stop working? At the 50% tax rate, is it even worth it to kill yourself at a job you hate?

I'm pretty sure there's a loose penny or two to be found in the bloated military budget.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    To Phil's point...Yea, the defense budget can be trimmed significantly, or that money just be used to take care of vets and their families properly. Either way, it eases the burden.

That said, Niko's post reminds of why they've created generation Xennial. Not quite Gen X and not a millennial. See, people like me bitch and moan about things like the wage gap, the top 1%, taxes, etc...But we also have a bit of personal responsibility that millennials lack. I know housing is expensive and property taxes are high. But I also bought a small house I could afford. I know the wage gap between execs and worker bees is a joke, but when I'm at work I also bust my ass and scrap and claw and self promote as much as I can so that I can get leveled up.

There's very little personal responsibility that I'm hearing...Taxes too high? Move. Buy a smaller house. Hate you job? You picked it. Do something different. There is almost always a way out for a straight white man. The opportunities are there much more than if you were a woman or minority.

Very inspiring.

I think I could pay as much as 65% tax if needed. I don't want to retire anyways, and thanks to my benevolent betters in society, there's certainly a lot of imported people and their cousins to pay for.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Another nonsensical post that doesn't really make a point. You really need to try harder if you want to be part of these conversations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast