• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Health, Fitness and Diet Thread 2.0

Pete

Other one got pruned!

Did a Whole30 in July and just kept going. Lost 20 pounds in 6 weeks, along with 5% body fat and dropped my BMI by 3.

Proabably going to go the Paleo-ish route moving forward. Low carbs, more healthy fats and lots of protein. No grain, dairy or sugar.

Definitely look and feel better than I have in a while.

I have been trying to get the courage to do this diet, but I have a hard time kicking the alcohol, bread and sugar. How long until your body stopped craving these things?
The alcohol was hardest, but that was more of a life choice I actually made before the Whole30. Too much anxiety.

The other stuff I wasn't too much into, anyway. The hardest thing isn't giving it up, it's finding foods that don't have it.

Added sugar and sugar substitutes are so hard to avoid. It's in everything. Even turkey bacon. But it opens the doors to things that just taste different like NutPods in coffee. Doesn't taste like traditional coffee with half and half, but it's good enough.

I'd say the 2nd week is trash. 3rd week is much better. And it went quickly. I did 7/5-8/5 and it wasn't bad at all.

Godddd how do you cut booze out? Everywhere you go someone?s shoving a drink in your face (even work!) and then the other times you?re around annoying people and just want a drink lol

I?ve cut sugar out almost completely and just started doing weights and essentially lost 10lbs with the occasional hockey game and run. Want to lost another 10 though

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Godddd how do you cut booze out? Everywhere you go someone?s shoving a drink in your face (even work!) and then the other times you?re around annoying people and just want a drink lol

I?ve cut sugar out almost completely and just started doing weights and essentially lost 10lbs with the occasional hockey game and run. Want to lost another 10 though

Believe it or not, I just don't want one. I always feel like shit the next day.

I'll do a glass of wine or 2 at dinner, but no benders.

Believe it or not, I just don't want one. I always feel like shit the next day.

I'll do a glass of wine or 2 at dinner, but no benders.

Yea I think I?m starting to get to that point myself. I dunno if it?s a tolerance thing or what but I?m not enjoying it as much lately.

This was the summer of hell for me regarding fitness.

In May, I did a 10K at Bear Mountain, a couple of days later I had a small tear in my calf, so I was going to PT for the tear and a hip impingement. So, no lower body exercising for X amount of time.

July 1st, on a leisurely bike ride in Flushing Meadows Park I hit a massive pothole that I didn't see, flipped over my bike and tore a ligament in my wrist....Now 8 weeks later, still not healed, got a cortisone shot a couple of weeks ago, if not better in 2-3 more weeks, then wrist surgery.

Missed out on a Spartan Race I was signed up for 2 weeks ago, have another one in mid-November that I hope I can do if I don't need surgery.

Now no upper body exercising has led me to eating everything in sight.

I can't wait to be healed so I can start back at CrossFit 3-4 days a week.

Once I had a kid, I pretty much stopped drinking except for the very rare social events that I attend or when my daughter goes to visit the grandparents for the weekend.

This was the summer of hell for me regarding fitness.

In May, I did a 10K at Bear Mountain, a couple of days later I had a small tear in my calf, so I was going to PT for the tear and a hip impingement. So, no lower body exercising for X amount of time.

July 1st, on a leisurely bike ride in Flushing Meadows Park I hit a massive pothole that I didn't see, flipped over my bike and tore a ligament in my wrist....Now 8 weeks later, still not healed, got a cortisone shot a couple of weeks ago, if not better in 2-3 more weeks, then wrist surgery.

Missed out on a Spartan Race I was signed up for 2 weeks ago, have another one in mid-November that I hope I can do if I don't need surgery.

Now no upper body exercising has led me to eating everything in sight.

I can't wait to be healed so I can start back at CrossFit 3-4 days a week.

Once I had a kid, I pretty much stopped drinking except for the very rare social events that I attend or when my daughter goes to visit the grandparents for the weekend.

What's the hip impingement feel like? Think I have one.

What's the hip impingement feel like? Think I have one.

I have some bone growth on my femur, so I do not have full range of motion within my hip. I feel like sometimes that my leg gets "stuck" for a second, and feel something like the bone click to get back into place. So basically i've been going to PT to loosen up my hips. I feel a lot better since i've been doing PT.

I have some bone growth on my femur, so I do not have full range of motion within my hip. I feel like sometimes that my leg gets "stuck" for a second, and feel something like the bone click to get back into place. So basically i've been going to PT to loosen up my hips. I feel a lot better since i've been doing PT.
Ah. I have a sharp, pinching pain in my outer hip when I move from a crouching/seated position.

Need to get it checked.

• 1 month later...
What do you eat?

I'm Scottish and live on a per diem mostly, I eat Hungrymans and Whoppers almost exclusively while I'm on the road, chug water all day, no soda, no booze, no beer. Haven't taken a sick day in 20 years.

No sugar, no wheat, no dairy ... lean meats (mostly fish), fruits and vegetables. Most of my supplements are plant-based (protein and pre-workout).