• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Health, Fitness and Diet Thread 2.0

Pete

Low carb. diet update, it was a good week...dropped 3.9 lbs.

172 lbs as of 3 weeks ago

-1.8 lbs pre-diet week

-3.3 lbs week 1

-3.8 lbs week 2

163.1 as of this morning

Average carb intake per day last week was 75 grams. Worked out daily on the elliptical.

• Like 1

But how do you feel?

Feel good. I'd say less cravings for sugary foods as the weeks have passed. Energy wise, fairly similar, obviously workouts are a bit easier. Sleeping better at night too. It has been a good learning experience for my wife and I with regards to sugar intake. I'd say eating healthier has also been more motivation to exercise (be active in general) regularly although I've been pretty good at that the past few months with the new elliptical we purchased.

Feel good. I'd say less cravings for sugary foods as the weeks have passed. Energy wise, fairly similar, obviously workouts are a bit easier. Sleeping better at night too. It has been a good learning experience for my wife and I with regards to sugar intake. I'd say eating healthier has also been more motivation to exercise (be active in general) regularly although I've been pretty good at that the past few months with the new elliptical we purchased.

Lost 6 pounds over the last 2 weeks with the peloton and cleaning up my diet. Also been going on a 2 mile family walks a couple of nights a week.

Nice.

I'm off crutches so can't wait to get back to normal activity. Similarly if I work out in the morning, I'm less likely to eat poorly. But if I do, I don't beat myself over it knowing I got a workout in.

Regarding diet, the list of things that will kill us start with sugar, followed by wheat. Then a bunch of other shit.

30 day update on low carb diet...

Weighed in at 160.7 this morning. So that puts me at 11.3 lbs lost in the 30 days (172 lbs). This is about the weight I was targeting and hoping for by exercising daily (25-30 minutes elliptical) and keeping my carb intake around 75 grams per days.

We'll see how things go in the future, I'll probably allow myself a bit more leniency in the weeks ahead, but my wife will be continuing the diet as is, so I'm not likely to change my own habits much. Nice thing is with daily exercise and increased outdoor movement/activities with the nicer months ahead keeping "active" will be easier.

• 2 weeks later...

6 weeks completed in low carb diet. Solid results.

Latest weigh in: 158.2 lbs. Nearly 14 pounds less than late February. Astonishing to think that's basically all carb (sugar) related. Haven't waivered at all on food or exercise routine. I was away last weekend and did have a muffin for breakfast a few mornings. Otherwise, staying the course of zero pastas, breads, etc.

You're killing it man! I started low carb last July. Weighed in this morning, down 39.2 pounds. It's crazy how much better I can control my calorie intake when I'm avoiding most bread, rice, and sugar. Easier to feel more satisfied with the calories I'm eating. Plus my workout measurables on Peloton are through the roof with the combo of less weight and more power.
  • Like 1

So i've been trying to be a bit better between what I eat and also not having a nightcap of any kind for a bit of a while. Haven't weighed myself yet but last time was around 240 (I'm a little over 6'3) so figure just try to get slimmed down a bit and at least just feel a bit better most days. Going on 3 weeks and now that Passover is over, i should start shitting again so that'll help as well lol.

For those that don't know, I have a pretty bad back injury right now from work so exercise really isn't exactly easy at all so that makes this a bit harder.

You're killing it man! I started low carb last July. Weighed in this morning, down 39.2 pounds. It's crazy how much better I can control my calorie intake when I'm avoiding most bread, rice, and sugar. Easier to feel more satisfied with the calories I'm eating. Plus my workout measurables on Peloton are through the roof with the combo of less weight and more power.

Awesome. Congrats!

So i've been trying to be a bit better between what I eat and also not having a nightcap of any kind for a bit of a while. Haven't weighed myself yet but last time was around 240 (I'm a little over 6'3) so figure just try to get slimmed down a bit and at least just feel a bit better most days. Going on 3 weeks and now that Passover is over, i should start shitting again so that'll help as well lol.

For those that don't know, I have a pretty bad back injury right now from work so exercise really isn't exactly easy at all so that makes this a bit harder.

Good luck. Diet alone (especially being a male) helps quite a bit. Exercise is bonus weight loss IMO.

Good luck. Diet alone (especially being a male) helps quite a bit. Exercise is bonus weight loss IMO.

I'm good with the exercise, but bad with the diet. I try to diet it's just too hard for me at night during dinner and a little snack afterwards that cookie or two.

I'm good with the exercise, but bad with the diet. I try to diet it's just too hard for me at night during dinner and a little snack afterwards that cookie or two.

I hear you on evening snacks. Usually hits me around 8pm. My remedy, an 8 oz glass of cold brew with a few ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk mixed in. For me, it takes the edge off the snack craving with basically no carbs. consumed. Coffee is definitely an ally in the dieting.

I hear you on evening snacks. Usually hits me around 8pm. My remedy, an 8 oz glass of cold brew with a few ounces of unsweetened vanilla almond milk mixed in. For me, it takes the edge off the snack craving with basically no carbs. consumed. Coffee is definitely an ally in the dieting.

That doesn’t keep you awake staring at climate maps all night?

Thanks and I'll give it a try and I like unsweetened almond milk a lot put it in my cereal or oatmeal in the morning.

• 2 weeks later...
Quick update. About 2 months in and while I stopped weighing myself, definitely still slimming down (2 full belt buckle sizes). My guess is about 155 lbs, so closing in on 20 lb. drop thanks to keeping carb. intake around 75g daily. My wife just hit the 10 lb loss mark so I'm happy for her. Gives her motivation to continue on. Her goal was to drop 15-20 lb totals to get back to pre-having kids weight level.
  • Like 1