• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Health, Fitness and Diet Thread 2.0

Pete

Down 11.5lbs. so far. Just finished a HIIT ride, feeling stronger each day

Congrats!

in over a year of having a peloton, I think I can honestly say I'm at or around the same weight as when I started. I don't own a scale but I did step on one a few months back and I was the same weight I was when I started working out. But I just generally look and feel a lot better. Like my legs definitely have a lot more muscle (my wife likes my legs lol) and overall I just feel like I have a ton more stamina and have confidence I didn't know existed

I'm 6 foot and was about 220 pounds in January. I'm under 200 now. Only exercise right now is about 30-40 minute walks after dinner every day (and chasing after my 18 month old son). I cut out carbs and red meat, except occasional bacon on weekends. Red meat was tough at first, but now I don't really crave it. Maybe when I start smelling those cookouts this summer I'll have a bunless burger, or potentially a brisket smoke. I've incorporated some sweet potato and brown rice back into diet, so I'm not as low carb as I was, but still watching it. I personally found that cutting out red meat made as big a difference as going low carb did.
  • Like 1

I'm 6 foot and was about 220 pounds in January. I'm under 200 now. Only exercise right now is about 30-40 minute walks after dinner every day (and chasing after my 18 month old son). I cut out carbs and red meat, except occasional bacon on weekends. Red meat was tough at first, but now I don't really crave it. Maybe when I start smelling those cookouts this summer I'll have a bunless burger, or potentially a brisket smoke. I've incorporated some sweet potato and brown rice back into diet, so I'm not as low carb as I was, but still watching it. I personally found that cutting out red meat made as big a difference as going low carb did.

Nice job!

I love walking one of my favorite exercises when my gym closed I was getting out 5 days a week doing about an hour. It's easier when you don't have young kids to have more time to exercises. Wouldn't you love to have the energy level of an 18 month old?

Nice job!

Thanks!

I love walking one of my favorite exercises when my gym closed I was getting out 5 days a week doing about an hour. It's easier when you don't have young kids to have more time to exercises. Wouldn't you love to have the energy level of an 18 month old?

Yeah it's insane. 100 mph every splitting second when up.

• 3 weeks later...
Down 23.5lbs

Dude that's fucking awesome!!!

You guys are doing great with this. It's not easy to keep the weight off as you get older. The guys up here with a few years on them will definitely attest to that! But hell yeah!! Keep up the great work fellas!!! :thumbs:

Been getting back into running. I ran 5 miles on Friday on my little shitty treadmill. I'm trying to do other shit too...I try and do like 40 squats per mile, but I slack with those sometimes. I def run with weights but not for the full 5 miles.

Been getting back into running. I ran 5 miles on Friday on my little shitty treadmill. I'm trying to do other shit too...I try and do like 40 squats per mile, but I slack with those sometimes. I def run with weights but not for the full 5 miles.

Nice work! I go walks, don’t think my knees and back can handle running right now. I either do push-ups or burpees every 1/2 mile of my walk.

Reduce sugar intake at every opportunity. It's hard to escape 'cause it's literally in everything we eat, but cutting it down works magic on the waistline.

It's amazing. Like you said it's in just about everything. It gets both tricky and expensive at times to avoid the sugar trap.

I’ve weaned myself away from sugar with coffee. I also used to have a tablespoon of honey over my soaked groats for breakfast. Skip that now. I slowly kept reducing my use of those sugars over time to where now, the thought of that sweet is unappealing.

Frank I did away from sugar years ago from my coffee and it was painful and I try to always to stay away from sugar, but it's in everything it's so tough.

I’ve weaned myself away from sugar with coffee. I also used to have a tablespoon of honey over my soaked groats for breakfast. Skip that now. I slowly kept reducing my use of those sugars over time to where now, the thought of that sweet is unappealing.

I've always been more of a lighter (milk mixed in) coffee guy vs. sweeter (sugar), so for me a shot of almond milk or coconut milk has been a great replacement. Surely doesn't have the same texture but it does the trick. My one treat these past 2 months has been MORE COFFEE. Just done in a healthy way, particularly over ice.

I've always been more of a lighter (milk mixed in) coffee guy vs. sweeter (sugar), so for me a shot of almond milk or coconut milk has been a great replacement. Surely doesn't have the same texture but it does the trick. My one treat these past 2 months has been MORE COFFEE. Just done in a healthy way, particularly over ice.

Honestly, I've gone to absolute shit with my diet during COVID. I've easily put on 35lb that I have to lose (atop the 20 or so I was already in "have to lose" territory, so go me), but when I was in way better shape...learning to love black coffee was a huge win for me. I hadn't realized just how much shit I put in coffee.

And, bonus points, I can actually taste good coffee now.

Honestly, I've gone to absolute shit with my diet during COVID. I've easily put on 35lb that I have to lose (atop the 20 or so I was already in "have to lose" territory, so go me), but when I was in way better shape...learning to love black coffee was a huge win for me. I hadn't realized just how much shit I put in coffee.

And, bonus points, I can actually taste good coffee now.

True.

I have to "maintain" my weight for my wedding starting next week so I get a good fit on the tux. Any suggestions? I've basically cut carbs out for a year. Just eat more protein/calories in general? Add starchier vegetables? I've been doing a lazy version of keto where I don't track macros or go for super fatty foods, I guess. Down 43 (267 to 224) and fit into a size large for the first time in 12+ years.

I have to "maintain" my weight for my wedding starting next week so I get a good fit on the tux. Any suggestions? I've basically cut carbs out for a year. Just eat more protein/calories in general? Add starchier vegetables? I've been doing a lazy version of keto where I don't track macros or go for super fatty foods, I guess. Down 43 (267 to 224) and fit into a size large for the first time in 12+ years.

I don’t know much but see how cutting bread and sugar helps immensely. Alcohol too unfortunately. Yeah, eat more greens, veggies and grains. Skip butter, fats like chips and sweet desserts as often as you can. Eat a sliced apple and Orange for dessert a few nights…then sure enjoy an ice cream. Moderation is key. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

How about getting one of those $40 three-piece suits from Fordham Road with pinstripes that wash away in the rain - LOL. One of my roommates used to work in a store that sold those. I think the store was called "Sammy's" and it had a Ticketmaster upstairs. They also sold lots of sneakers. Every so often they would have a promo with a Yankee player and the place was a madhouse.

Street dealers would ask my friend to show them jackets and pants with 'mad pockets' so they could carry lots of stuff. :slats: