• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Health, Fitness and Diet Thread 2.0

Pete

Lost my 45th pound today, 51 weeks after I started tracking and changing my diet. Officially a size L shirt, which hasn't been the case in at least 12 years.

Holy Fuck, Czech!!!! That's absolutely outstanding my man!!!

Believe me man, I know how hard it is to lose all that. The discipline you need is outrageous. Full marks my brutha!!! Keep it rollin'!!! :thumbs:

I've conquered carbs. Mum-In-Law (yes British lol) got fish n chips and didn't like the chips. I didn't even reach for one. Basically enlightenment.

Thats great. Don't be afraid to treat yourself once in a while. It helps keep the metabolism running and also keeps you from absolutely craving it. Great job! Happy healthy lives for all!

I've conquered carbs. Mum-In-Law (yes British lol) got fish n chips and didn't like the chips. I didn't even reach for one. Basically enlightenment.

I’m really shocked by the damage carbs (in excess) do. I know we are all “told” to watch our carbs but when 4 Wegmans mini (and I mean MINI) muffins have like 60g of carbs it’s hard to avoid staying on the straight path. Carbs are everywhere, it’s a battle to try and keep daily intake in check….unless you have a plan/diet in place and stick to it.

I’m floating around 100g of carbs a day after an Average Daily low of 50g-75g back when I started in March. I’m more active anyway in summer Months. Seems like a good spot for me. Haven’t weighed myself in months but down 3-4 belt buckle sizes and 3-4 inches off my waist line.

Congrats again.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I'm struggling during my longer exercises, so I've been working more carby fruits back into my diet. Definitely need some more instant energy on tap now

I'm probably one of the last and first people you should listen to here - having lost 100 lbs in the early 10s and having put a good half of that back since having a kid (I'm on it - got my fasting rhythm right, now it's time to get the workouts right), but my "trick" when working out was that processed carbs (breads/pastas/oats) only get consumed when breaking your fasting window, and unprocessed carbs (fruits, starchy veg) cannot be consumed post-workout or within 2 hours of closing your fasting window.

You get the energy boost, but you don't overdo it.

• 2 years later...

Dads- how the fuck do you stay in shape?!

I hit 182. Got back down to 175 and have been hovering here the last few months. 

Even when I have time… I have no energy. Haven’t played hockey in months (first time in my life). 

y’all gotta have some tips and tricks for me 

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I hit 182. Got back down to 175 and have been hovering here the last few months. 

Even when I have time… I have no energy. Haven’t played hockey in months (first time in my life). 

Buy a bicycle. For me, I get more satisfaction because I can cover greater distances in shorter times. And it keeps the legs working hard. It is definitely harder than it used to be to fit it in.

3 hours ago, siddious said:

It's your diet. Losing weight is simple, burn more calories than you intake. If you're not burning as many as you used to, you have to intake less than you used to. 

• Bullseye 1

8 minutes ago, phillyb said:

What do you eat?

I do pushups and walk/run. In fact, thanks for the motivation, I'm gonna run right now. 

I eat like shit which is another problem. Not like.. McDonald’s and stuff just like not clean and healthy. Wasn’t ever an issue because I skated 3-4 times a week and worked out in the past but now it kills me. 

With that said I have tried eat healthier recently (hence 182 to 175) but it’s not enough 

I didn't make it to my run cause my shorts are in the fucking wash lol, but yeah - eating is half the battle. I try really hard not to eat a lot before I go to sleep. I try to load up on protein and energy shit in the morning. Stay away from fatty foods, fried foods, etc. Eat some fucking vegetables. 

My breakfasts are granola and fruit, but I still struggle to maintain an appropriate variety to not get bored with what I eat. 

With that being said, I'd be fine with arugula, rice, chicken or pork for every meal. 

I think I'm gonna run the half marathon again in September. 

• Applause 1

24 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I didn't make it to my run cause my shorts are in the fucking wash lol, but yeah - eating is half the battle. I try really hard not to eat a lot before I go to sleep. I try to load up on protein and energy shit in the morning. Stay away from fatty foods, fried foods, etc. Eat some fucking vegetables. 

My breakfasts are granola and fruit, but I still struggle to maintain an appropriate variety to not get bored with what I eat. 

With that being said, I'd be fine with arugula, rice, chicken or pork for every meal. 

I think I'm gonna run the half marathon again in September. 

That's awesome. I also avoid gluten, sugar, and dairy.

@siddious You should really try to consider a strict elimination diet and only add back in the foods that you really miss. You'd be surprised where sugar shows up, and it's probably the single worst food for you on the planet. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

That's awesome. I also avoid gluten, sugar, and dairy.

@siddious You should really try to consider a strict elimination diet and only add back in the foods that you really miss. You'd be surprised where sugar shows up, and it's probably the single worst food for you on the planet. 

I def get too much sugar.  Don’t cook as much anymore either as I used to. I get plenty of greens and fruit but I get other stuff with it. 

21 hours ago, siddious said:

I def get too much sugar.  Don’t cook as much anymore either as I used to. I get plenty of greens and fruit but I get other stuff with it. 

20 hours ago, phillyb said:

I stopped drinking alcohol a year and a half ago - I can't intake enough sugary bullshit to compensate, but sugar is definitely the next thing to go. God, it's so fucking bad. 

Im a classically trained chef and a nutritionist.

If you guys have questions about diet, PM me.

Also, Dude…. If you don’t like veg, fruit works too. 

• Like 2
  • JIMMY! 1

On 7/6/2023 at 10:34 PM, phillyb said:

I stopped drinking alcohol a year and a half ago - I can't intake enough sugary bullshit to compensate, but sugar is definitely the next thing to go. God, it's so fucking bad. 

Red wine has almost no sugar.