• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Seguin 'Disappointed' to Not Have Long-Term Deal with Stars Yet

Phil

TORONTO -- Tyler Seguin said he is surprised he hasn't yet signed a long-term contract with the Dallas Stars.

"I'm disappointed it hasn't happened but there hasn't been negotiations, it's just been training this summer, getting ready for this year," Seguin said at BioSteel Camp in Toronto on Tuesday. "I've still got this last year in Dallas, Dallas is home. I'm looking forward to having a good year and definitely want to win.

"Nothing's really going on. Pretty much haven't been talking much this summer."

Seguin said he talked with the Stars around the 2018 NHL Draft in June, but there has not been any discussion towards a new contract since. He anticipated being signed to a long-term contract at this point, and playing out the final season on his current contract as a pending unrestricted free agent is not something he has spent much time thinking about.

https://www.nhl.com/news/stars-tyler-seguin-disappointed-to-not-have-long-term-contract/c-299881930

a lot more potential than I do now!

dont count your chicks before they hatch

Don't count your geriatric self out, there is still time.

If by chicks you mean young C's and not ladies, I'm with you. I'm all for hoarding C's. Give me 3 natural wingers, a couple of true snipers, and the rest can be centermen. We can worry about the glut of too many good C's next year, while 10 other teams lament no having enough of em. It is the best way to be able to add a #1 RHD anyway. Seth Jones anyone?

Archived