• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Build the Most Underrated Lineup

Phil

Hedman just won the Norris, I'm pretty sure he's not underrated.

The same goes for Wheeler, certainly.

Scheifele is seen as one of the top centers in the game by anyone who isn't a total weapon.

I'd agree Barkov probably isn't rated as highly as he should be by a fair amount of people.

Hedman just won the Norris, I'm pretty sure he's not underrated.

The same goes for Wheeler, certainly.

Scheifele is seen as one of the top centers in the game by anyone who isn't a total weapon.

I'd agree Barkov probably isn't rated as highly as he should be by a fair amount of people.

So you disagree then right? [emoji23]

I completely forgot Hedman won the Norris to be fair, so I'll take that one.

Underrated and overrated is so dependent on one's perception of what others perceive.

Given all the recognition and $ Ryan O'Reilly has received over the years, how is he on the list. Same for Giroux. The difference is Claude is not an underachiever, while ROR is almost overrated.

Based on general fan perceptions from various forums I'll stick with two guys on the list, I mentioned last year. Mark Stone and Jaden Schwartz.

Not on the same level, but Miller is a good call since some thought he sucked just a year ago. Marchessault was considered a one year wonder in Fla. However, only if you missed Vegas in the playoffs last year, could you call him underrated now. He and Marchand, Schiefele and Connor are likely no longer underrated.

Provorov is a good choice simply because he looks like he may become one of the best Dmen in the world. Outside of Philly, many may not realize how good he seems to be.

Who is not on the list? Ryan Ellis use to make this list. Stralman too. They've gotten recognition outside their market at this point, so who takes their spot? I'll go with Josh Manson. Like Stone he brings an all around game and leadership. As a bonus he is also the rare tough SOB who doesn't take stupid penalties or gratuitously try to injure an opponent with head shots like a Wilson.

Provorov is a good choice simply because he looks like he may become one of the best Dmen in the world. Outside of Philly, many may not realize how good he seems to be.

Who is not on the list? Ryan Ellis use to make this list. Stralman too. They've gotten recognition outside their market at this point, so who takes their spot? I'll go with Josh Manson. Like Stone he brings an all around game and leadership. As a bonus he is also the rare tough SOB who doesn't take stupid penalties or gratuitously try to injure an opponent with head shots like a Wilson.

How he isn't seen as one of the best in the game I have no idea

Archived