Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Panarin [Only] Has Eyes for New York?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I'm on the fence. Panarin is likely 31/32 by the time this team is making a playoff dent.

While it's not old, how many times have we paid max dollars/assets to watch guys get old right before our eyes? Richards, MSL (p/g when he got here) are just 2 examples. Nash was so hot and cold as was Gaby.

It's not that I don't think he's worth the money or don't want him at 35...it's that guys suck when they get here. It's almost automatic.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm on the fence. Panarin is likely 31/32 by the time this team is making a playoff dent.

While it's not old, how many times have we paid max dollars/assets to watch guys get old right before our eyes? Richards, MSL (p/g when he got here) are just 2 examples. Nash was so hot and cold as was Gaby.

It's not that I don't think he's worth the money or don't want him at 35...it's that guys suck when they get here. It's almost automatic.
    But off-season Josh is like,

If they get a Panarin and Karlsson, defense bounces back, young guys show up, older guys perform, Lundqvist on drugs, they could be this years Vegas!

I’d give up Hayes, Namestnikov, Spooner even Zuccarello and some picks for either for this season or sometime prior to free agency.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Nothing. Except for the reports that he is eying the Rangers, coupled with the speculation that they won't trade for him. Deductive reasoning says that means he intends to test UFA and join the Rangers that way. It's not guaranteed. Nothing is. But there's a stronger probability of that happening now than there was last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Just like every other player being linked to the Rangers.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    I donít understand how 28 is old. He should be in his prime over the next 3-4 years and itís unlikely he has just a massive drop off after that.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Just like every other player being linked to the Rangers.
    I only see Panarin being directly linked with this much smoke.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

I only see Panarin being directly linked with this much smoke.

Over the years? Really? Almost every single superstar on the way out is linked to the Rangers.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Over the years? Really? Almost every single superstar on the way out is linked to the Rangers.
    First since Kovalchuk
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    First since Kovalchuk
    There you go
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    With this much smoke. I'm not talking about just general interest from one side or the other. This is a lot smokier than your average rumor.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

With this much smoke. I'm not talking about just general interest from one side or the other. This is a lot smokier than your average rumor.
    Kovalchuk was practically a Ranger. Thereís always this much smoke when it comes to rumors. Player loves Rangers, Rangers love player...yada yada yada, song remains the same
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Daddy like.
    Is that a Chip reference

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Artemi panarin is not a lead horse on a cup team. I’m not paying him to come here to be our highest paid guy so we can compete for a playoff spot. I’m interested in building a cup contender not getting back to where this team usually resides. Which is good but not good enough. Before you know it we’ll be half way to forever since our last cup. At least 1994 doesn’t sound as good as 1940

And yes he’s a great player but he plays the wrong position to say you can’t pass on him. There will be others there always are. Even if it means having to trade for it. You build right you will have the pieces to make those trades. The timing needs to right. Thinking about waiting years sucks but this isn’t PlayStation. The rangers aren’t going to be perennial contenders with a flip of the switch. If the expectations are they could be next years Vegas. You’re hoping not planning and certainly not giving a serious argument. That’s prayer shit much like the conversations that were had here last year that the rangers were contenders.

Regardless this argument is silly. There’s a season to play before any decision should be made on panarin. Much will be learned. Maybe by next summer it makes sense but right now to me it’s way to premature to make that determination.

Gomez and Dan Boyle come to mind as others who wanted to play here

And don’t forget Shattenkirk.

Deleted Midget Division
    Is Panarin that impressive? I don't know much about him but I've always filed him as a strong 3rd, 4th or 5th offensive option.

Something in like with a Kadri or E.Kane

He’s better than that but he’s probably a second tier star. He’s not one of the top 10 Players in the game. You don’t hand out 12m a year to guys like that unless he’s one of the final pieces.

Deleted Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatfrancesa View Post
    He’s better than that but he’s probably a second tier star. He’s not one of the top 10 Players in the game. You don’t hand out 12m a year to guys like that unless he’s one of the final pieces.
    Oh okay. For better or worse I saw him as an aging sub 30 goal scorer.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rmc51's Avatar
    I think a big reason people have undervalued Panarin is because they most likely thought he was a product of playing on a team with Kane and Toews. He had his best season yet after getting traded to the Jackets.

Point per game players do not come around UFA often. They dont even come around in trade often at Panarin's age. You should not view these kinds of players as "final pieces". These are guys you build a team around.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Since Panarin came into the league he's 7th in points. He'll also only have 4 years of NHL wear and tear on his body when he is starting next season at age 28, most NHL stars at age 28 will have played more than twice as many games as 28 year old Panarin.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast