Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Panarin [Only] Has Eyes for New York?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Panarin [Only] Has Eyes for New York?

Hereís one theory floating around the NHL among front-office types: Panarinís desired destination is the New York Rangers. That doesnít mean heíll end up in Manhattan, but many believe thatís the club at the top of Panarinís list. The Rangers, in the process of a short-term rebuild, arenít willing to trade anything for Panarin right now, because the timing isnít right for them. They donít expect a playoff berth out of this season, only another top draft pick and another year of experience for their cluster of top young players. Plus, why would the Rangers give up anything for Panarin now when they can acquire him next summer as a free agent? The Blue Jackets say they donít have an indication this is true. Panarinís agent, Daniel Milstein, has denied the Rangers are his clientís No. 1 pick. But three different sources ó from three different clubs ó all said they heard Rangers.
    https://theathletic.com/482440/2018/...s-summer-ends/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

There's almost no number I wouldn't give him. $12M x 7? Bring it on.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    12? No. Maybe 9m per, max

And then there’s the Dave A.J.ustment. Somehow years ago he figured my salary figures need to be adjusted by x ~1.25 to be realistic. Brings us to 11.25. Seems high.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Panarin, Karlsson after another draft with 3 1st rounders. Hmmmmm.
    GORTON 2020

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    12? No. Maybe 9m per, max

And then thereís the Dave A.J.ustment. Somehow years ago he figured my salary figures need to be adjusted by x ~1.25 to be realistic. Brings us to 11.25. Seems high.
    He's not getting a penny less than Kucherov (9.5), who is benefitting greatly from living in a state with no income tax. $12M is quite fair.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Daddy like.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post

He's not getting a penny less than Kucherov (9.5), who is benefitting greatly from living in a state with no income tax. $12M is quite fair.

Don't see him getting 12M. That's more than Tavares. Unless he blows up for 90-100 points and really can capitalize on free agency...I see him more around that Kucherov number. Maybe 10M. And I'd pay every penny. 7x10.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I have trouble seeing the Rangers investing 7x11-12 money into a 29 year old Erik Karlsson. Even if he plays extremely well this season to discount the impact of the ankle issue, that contract would be a killer in a few years...just as the Rangers youth is hopefully starting to peak.

Another draft with 3 first rounders coupled with Panarin and 1 or 2 other shrewd UFA acquisitions would be incredible.
    Last edited by Gravesy; 08-24-2018 at 03:35 AM.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

Too many years, pass
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Midget Division
    I actually didn't knw he was that "old". Will be 28 around the start of next season (30. oct). Dont know I want them to pay a 33-35 y/old Panarin 12m a year.

But then again, I guess he'll demand 7 years on his next (and most likely last) contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Another draft with 3 first rounders coupled with Panarin and 1 or 2 other shrewd UFA acquisitions would be incredible.
    This!!!

....and this!!!

Senior Member Bantam Division
    you go into these 7 year deals knowing the first 3 is where your money is spent, the 4th and 5th years are gravy is the production is still elite and tolerable if still solid... Years 6 and 7 are the price you have to pay.

If you want the upper crust of the UFA crop, you need 7 years- warts and all.

What Flynn said. If you refuse to pay, someone else will, and you will be left STILL looking for talent.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    I would have no problems with giving him a deal like that. He is a talent this team needs, and he can fill a huge hole for the team. Bring him in. I would rather do the trade now than wait for the deadline. Give them Hayes and a first rounder.

Senior Member Junior Division

hope the story is true. This is the type of deal they should be looking to make. worse off they do this year the better. Imagine hitting the lotto, picking Hughes and than getting this guy next summer.

fucking cat bird seat.

i don't want Karlson, rather see if i can grab Trouba.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Slobberknocker View Post
    hope the story is true. This is the type of deal they should be looking to make. worse off they do this year the better. Imagine hitting the lotto, picking Hughes and than getting this guy next summer.

fucking cat bird seat.

i don't want Karlson, rather see if i can grab Trouba.
    I'd gladly listen to lottery fix conspiracy theories for the next decade..

Panarin has been in the air, no doubt. This one may not be as obvious as Shatty, but a NY preference has leaked and our Russian connection is running deep. Gorton is really on to something and he's saved cap space. A Kovalev, Zubov, Nemchinov redux, but deeper.

Let's not bum out the good news with talk suggesting he wants to squeeze the Rangers of every last nickel. He won't need Tavares $ to come here. Plus he'll get a huge chunk, upfront.

All free agents are too old for 7 year commits, but that is the cost of doing the top FAs. Relatively, Panarin is on the younger side and may have more good years than most UFAs. He does not turn 27 till Oct and he has less NHL miles and injuries than most stars hitting UFA.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast