Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who Won the Trade?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanJesus View Post
    The NHL Salary cap was instituted after the 2004/2005 season was lost to a lockout. Nash signed the deal you are refering to in 2010/11, half a decade later.

I don't see Puck saying that the Nash trade alone ruined their prospect system, just that it played a part (it did). He rightly says it was time for the Rangers to make the kind of moves that they did, including getting Nash, but that Nash underperformed, contributing to them not winning a championship. That's a difficult position to argue against. He clearly underperformed. That is not to say he did nothing of value, just not enough, and certainly not enough when you factor in his percentage of the salary cap and the assets they moved to get him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    From henceforth thy shall explain Pucks thinking.
    You clarified exactly my points
    Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Wow, that's a fucking flame if I ever saw one. "You think like Puckhead"...

Senior Member Junior Division
    The NHL Salary cap was instituted after the 2004/2005 season was lost to a lockout. Nash signed the deal you are refering to in 2010/11, half a decade later.

I don't see Puck saying that the Nash trade alone ruined their prospect system, just that it played a part (it did). He rightly says it was time for the Rangers to make the kind of moves that they did, including getting Nash, but that Nash underperformed, contributing to them not winning a championship. That's a difficult position to argue against. He clearly underperformed. That is not to say he did nothing of value, just not enough, and certainly not enough when you factor in his percentage of the salary cap and the assets they moved to get him.
    Great big apology to Puck. I have no excuse for being a complete moron in getting the lockout year totally fucking wrong. I think I saw in Nashs stats that he played in the Swiss league in 12/13, and somehow inexcusably got that confused with the lockout year. Very sorry. That was pretty damn dumb.

Still disagree about ruining any future in making the deal. I stated 3 times that Nash underperformed and that I expected more.

I know of no free agents or other trade possibilities that happened in that time frame, that the Rangers could have made.

In the end, with trading him, the Rangers now have Buch, Spooner, Lindgren, and K'Andre Miller. They walk away with all that after going to a conference final and a cup final.. The future looks fine to me..

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Great big apology to Puck. I have no excuse for being a complete moron in getting the lockout year totally fucking wrong. I think I saw in Nashs stats that he played in the Swiss league in 12/13, and somehow inexcusably got that confused with the lockout year. Very sorry. That was pretty damn dumb.

Still disagree about ruining any future in making the deal. I stated 3 times that Nash underperformed and that I expected more.

I know of no free agents or other trade possibilities that happened in that time frame, that the Rangers could have made.

In the end, with trading him, the Rangers now have Buch, Spooner, Lindgren, and K'Andre Miller. They walk away with all that after going to a conference final and a cup final.. The future looks fine to me..
    Take your moron mistake and multiply by 10 for my average day.
    x15 when hungover

Good chat
    Cheers

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Iím ready for us to take the next step in this relationship.

What side of bed do you prefer ?

The left, but I'm flexible. Did I mention I'm flexible?
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Sounds like everyone's pretty much on the same page.

Nash trade was worthwhile.
    Nash underperformed, though he still had value.
    Had Nash performed in the playoffs, the Rangers would have had a significantly better chance at a cup.
    Nash trade was part of the reason the Rangers were ranked 29th in prospects last year.
    Gorton's done a bang up job with the rebuild, moving them up to the top 3rd in the league in prospects in a little over a year.

We all good with the above?
    Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. George Carlin

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division

Had Nash performed in the playoffs, the Rangers would have had a significantly better chance at a cup.
    Nash trade was part of the reason the Rangers were ranked 29th in prospects last year.
    Gorton's done a bang up job with the rebuild, moving them up to the top 3rd in the league in prospects in a little over a year.

Cash, money dollars, my good man! I think that's a pretty accurate summary!

Jagermeister all around!

Senior Member Junior Division

Nope. I don't see how the Nash trade was part of the reason why they were ranked 29th. Not like anything they traded was a game breaker. Each were replaced in the roles they played. Maybe including that 1st rounder hurt, but I'd say the lack of any 1st before and after that deal hurt more. IMO the Yandle and MSL trade hurt them waaaaaay more.

I'm reserving judgement on Gorton's rebuild. Im not all in on all of the picks he's made and this stock pile of D men prospects IMO is weird.

Nope. I don't see how the Nash trade was part of the reason why they were ranked 29th. Not like anything they traded was a game breaker. Each were replaced in the roles they played. Maybe including that 1st rounder hurt, but I'd say the lack of any 1st before and after that deal hurt more. IMO the Yandle and MSL trade hurt them waaaaaay more.

I'm reserving judgement on Gorton's rebuild. Im not all in on all of the picks he's made and this stock pile of D men prospects IMO is weird.
    It's all a part of the same pie. No one piece buried them, but the first and Erixon would have been added to the prospect pool. I realize Erixon never materialized, but that doesn't mean losing him didn't hurt the Rangers' prospect system as well. The Yandle and MSL trades do "hurt more" because this is a cumulative thing. Trade one or two firsts over a 5 year span will hurt your prospect pool, but not devistate it. No single deal did that, they were all a part of it.

As to Gorton's rebuild, it obviously gets judged on how things end up, but so far, he's done a terrific job of bringing in a volume of young assets. That's what I want to see at this stage.

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Compared to Columbus, we won.

We had multiple playoff runs with Nash being a big part.

Anisimov topped out at mid 40 points after he was traded to Chicago and Dubinsky will a cap casualty. Rangers didnít ďloseĒ much.

Yep, I have to agree, I think NYR handily won it, and I doubt very much we'd have been able to pull the Anisimov for Panarin via Saad trade hijinks that the Blue Jackets did.
    But anyway it's about what those players accomplished while in uniform and the immediate draft picks (Buchnevich.)
    To me, no matter how frustrating Nash's scoring woes were at the wrong time (and remember concussions) it was hands-down a NYR win on face value.
    And i liked Dubi and Anisimov, but what they became was not enough to get us anywhere near where we got with Nash and the others that came back the other way, IMO.
    Yep rmc 51 it would have been nice to have Dubi (and element we have arguably missed) and Nash, but that was not on the table.
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Rangers made it to the ecf and a number 1 seed the year before Nash was acquired. The best the rangers ever did with Nash is win two more games.

I’m not saying the rangers lost the deal. I really don’t even get the discussion. The rangers didn’t win the cup thereforeon their end the deal is not a win. Columbus was rebuilding and they are coming to an end of their window. This far they have still never won even a playoff round. So they didn’t win either. In the end the deal to me is just another of many that had no consequence of anything. Both teams in the end are left desiring more from what they got.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Brassard scored some big fucking goals for us so I might be crazy...but...were we better off with Gaby, Dubi and AA...or Nash, Brassard, Moore and Dorsett.

Tough call.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rmc51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Brassard scored some big fucking goals for us so I might be crazy...but...were we better off with Gaby, Dubi and AA...or Nash, Brassard, Moore and Dorsett.

Tough call.
    The way I see it:

Gaborik > Nash
    Brassard > Dubi
    AA > Moore/Dorsett

I'll take Gaborik and company...along with the 1st round pick we lost in the process.
    Last edited by rmc51; 08-23-2018 at 09:08 PM.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Would have meant cutting ties with Torts earlier. That was the biggest driving factor behind the Gaby deal that season. Which may have meant no AV. Hard to say. He wasn't fired by then either.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234