• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

its pretty old after a year ,not suppose to let gas sit for more than three months , as chemicals starts to breakdown ,do as vodka said ,than add a new gas (don't fill it ) ,and prime it ,its usually a rubber button ,there is also a throttle level for cold running

Yeah, I'm not the one that doesnt know how to start the snow thrower lol b ut appreciate the gas part.

Honestly, ive never really had much of a problem. I do make sure i change the oil yearly, especially on my lawn mower that gets use twice a week.

For long term life of your small engines you should always try to use non-ethanol fuels. It helps fight against these problems when storing them for their off-season. Regular gas has ethanol in it, pump gas is usually 10%. The ethanol in the gas will create condensation in your tank as well as break down causing the fuel to go "bad". It will clog up your carb and prevent the engine from starting after a long period of non use. The big box stores and most smaller hardware stores all sell cans of the non-ethanol fuels, both 4-stroke and 2-stroke mixtures. They can be a little pricey but it really helps.

• 3 weeks later...

ALERT! :happy:

Thursday will grant us a taste of late spring or early summer weather with highs well into the 70s for most. The exceptions will be central and eastern LI which will be cooler, but not bad due to the cold ocean temps.

Get outside and enjoy this afternoon because chilly weather returns this weekend into next week!

Will be 65 today and 35 tomorrow in NJ.

What a fuckin tease.

Yeah, brutal. Had the day off yesterday to take one-year photos of Nora. Had the kids out all day. Owen is already asking to go out again all day today and I'm like yeah, no. LOL.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey Pars how bad is the rain going to be tomorrow night?

Potential for several inches of rain quickly tomorrow evening into tomorrow night. Going to be a sharp cutoff somewhere though (big rains vs barely any) in either NJ or Eastern PA depending on storm track.

• Like 1

Potential for several inches of rain quickly tomorrow evening into tomorrow night. Going to be a sharp cutoff somewhere though (big rains vs barely any) in either NJ or Eastern PA depending on storm track.
Thanks buddy. Keep us posted! Hope it's not sump pump time.