• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

You guys know me, I?m always on the conservative side with snow totals. If areas stay all snow there will be enough moisture to support 10 or more inches.

If you get several hours of sleet, freezing rain or rain it will be hard to get more than 10 Inches of snow as the event will only last 12-15 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

@BlairBetts [emoji23]

Saw many people starting up snowblowers today. Mine is all set to roll. Of course, I sold my snowmobile. Watch this winter rock.

I paid the full amount for our snow plow, so I imagine we wont get shit this winter.

I just hope its a cold winter. With everything shutdown, I hope we can get in a ton of skating on the backyard rink.

I paid the full amount for our snow plow, so I imagine we wont get shit this winter.

I just hope its a cold winter. With everything shutdown, I hope we can get in a ton of skating on the backyard rink.

Im so jealous. been trying to convince my buddy to build a small rink in the yard of his new house since it started to get cold but he wont go for it.

Not really seeing much change at this point.

IF you stay all snow between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning (when it ends). 10-18 inches of snow could accumulate. Areas close to the coast that could mix with sleet or rain would see much less IF the snow changes over. Like 4-10 inches before the snow changes over to a mix of rain. No changeover and you're likely to see more than 10"

As usual, the rain/ice/snow line will set up tonight across central NJ and then very close to NYC/LI. There may be virtually no snow once you get to central and southern NJ.

Storm is over by 8-9am Thursday. Winds will be intense overnight into tomorrow. 30-50 mph gusts.

Dumping snow outside. Fireplace on with backup cherry wood, everything to make homemade pizza tomorrow, wife is teaching from home, and I have new sweatpants to wear lol

Btw, looks like the trend is for kids to not get a snow day in some places and instead remote learn from home. I dunno. A snow day is good for the mental health of so,e of these kids. I’m not so sure it’s a great idea in the grand scheme of things to not allow actual snow days now. I understand if there were a ton but still.

Dumping snow outside. Fireplace on with backup cherry wood, everything to make homemade pizza tomorrow, wife is teaching from home, and I have new sweatpants to wear lol

Btw, looks like the trend is for kids to not get a snow day in some places and instead remote learn from home. I dunno. A snow day is good for the mental health of so,e of these kids. I’m not so sure it’s a great idea in the grand scheme of things to not allow actual snow days now. I understand if there were a ton but still.

That's shitty. Give them a day off.

We got about 5 inches - so, nothing. Our plow guy didnt even come. Plows only out this AM for the school buses.

Outside for about 4 hours with the snow blower. When I came in my wife asks, "How much did we get?" I said, "It's over 14-inches 'cause I can measure that!" No response, just shakes her head.

:slats:

I can just imagine that response!!! :rofl: