• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Weather Thread

GordonGecko

Im not able to get old gas out of mine. It wont start. New, only used it twice

Drain all gas. Clean carburetor - (it may need to be de-gunked if the gas has turned 'gooey') but if you're lucky, you might be able to buy a gas-line 'cleaner' at an auto parts store for this purpose. I tried it once and it worked out well. Bottom line though, try to use non-ethanol gas if it's available and when putting the machine away for the season always use gas stabilizer right before storage. It'll save the heartache and headache come next year.

i dont know. i was told i need to drain the old gas and put new in. At that point it went back to the shed

You’re technically supposed to but I haven’t and it’s never been a problem unless you are talking many many years. If someone wants to correct me, please do because I’m only speaking from experience and not expertly.

You’re technically supposed to but I haven’t and it’s never been a problem unless you are talking many many years. If someone wants to correct me, please do because I’m only speaking from experience and not expertly.
its pretty old after a year ,not suppose to let gas sit for more than three months , as chemicals starts to breakdown ,do as vodka said ,than add a new gas (don't fill it ) ,and prime it ,its usually a rubber button ,there is also a throttle level for cold running

I always drain the fuel on all my machines or try to time it that I can run them dry whenever the particular season is over.