• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Job Thread: Interviews, Negotiations, and Advice

Phil

I thought it was free... but theyve changed a lot, recently.

Our company has an account, I don't know the costs.

Yes it is free, but if you want you posting to get higher priority when people are searching there is a cost per day. I had an online chat with someone at Indeed.

@josh

We've got pay bands here that are determined by level (title). After Verizon bought Yahoo, we were all supposed to be "leveled", so you new title and pay band would be standardized across the board. A lot of former AOLers found out that they are below their pay band for their level.

What's their recourse (aside from looking for a new job)?

@josh

We've got pay bands here that are determined by level (title). After Verizon bought Yahoo, we were all supposed to be "leveled", so you new title and pay band would be standardized across the board. A lot of former AOLers found out that they are below their pay band for their level.

What's their recourse (aside from looking for a new job)?

Anything in writing?

In most of these cases, the employer's are well versed in scumbaggitry, and you are shit out of luck (the stereotypical corporation, in your mind) If the owners/management team changed since then, it might be more difficult. It's a corporate 'loophole' to get out of contracts, increases, unions, etc.

Can always contact the NLRB. They are "employer court", for the most part. They'll give advice, investigate, and file lawsuits on behalf of employees. You either need something in writing, or a ton of people verifying the same thing. (Also check to see if any of these employees are in protected classes, that will add some fuel to the fire)

Maybe a class action - but that usually gets you no where, maybe $4 each.

NYC is pushing hard on some employee protection laws, so you might be coming into this at the right time.

Anything in writing?

In most of these cases, the employer's are well versed in scumbaggitry, and you are shit out of luck (the stereotypical corporation, in your mind) If the owners/management team changed since then, it might be more difficult. It's a corporate 'loophole' to get out of contracts, increases, unions, etc.

Can always contact the NLRB. They are "employer court", for the most part. They'll give advice, investigate, and file lawsuits on behalf of employees. You either need something in writing, or a ton of people verifying the same thing. (Also check to see if any of these employees are in protected classes, that will add some fuel to the fire)

Maybe a class action - but that usually gets you no where, maybe $4 each.

NYC is pushing hard on some employee protection laws, so you might be coming into this at the right time.

Yea, a ton of emails went around regarding leveling when they changed name from AOL to Oath.

I'd have to dig. But there's a leveling criteria doc that I have that shows I should be Sr Director and my next promotion should be VP based on numerous factors.

Instead my next promotion will be TO director. And I'm below pay band.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Started a new job last May and not having any office time is kind of taking a toll. It's tough to have candid convos and get to know people in other departments on Zoom and slack

I’ve been at my company for 5 years. While I know some of my coworkers from face to face interactions pre-covid, turnover and overall moving between positions has reduced interaction with those same people a lot. Mostly reliant on Slack for non-work communication to replace face to face. Web camming for that kind of thing is just awkward. Some can do it though?

A lot of new remote employees have it worse. They are being hired across the country nowhere close to one of our offices to even have an option to go in on occasion, so they usually have a tough time developing a rapport with people to even “shoot the shit” on Slack. It’s a big problem in the new remote working landscape. At the same time, there’s a flood of people who will trade that experience in exchange for working at home. Different strokes…

• TroCheckmark 1