• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Who is the Most Overrated/Underrated Player in the Game Today?

Phil

Great posts so far.

Underrated: Ryan Hartman - I had the pleasure of watching this dude play about 40-50 games over the past two seasons on Chicago's local stations. He's fucking awesome. He's not going to score a ton of goals, but he's the best third liner I've seen since Hagelin.

Overrated: Ryan Hartman, by me.

Underrated: Scheifle

I'm not sure he's underrated, but if he is it's ridiculous. Exceptional player.

I feel Evander Kane is overrated. Not so much by fans, but the way journalists and pundits went on about him after moving to the Sharks was a bit much imo.

I'm not sure he's underrated, but if he is it's ridiculous. Exceptional player.

I feel Evander Kane is overrated. Not so much by fans, but the way journalists and pundits went on about him after moving to the Sharks was a bit much imo.

I think he's one of the top centers in the game, but he's never mentioned in the conversation.

Good underrated picks by everyone. Guys a team would never trade, but everyone asks about. Barkov, Shiefele, Trocheck, Slavin, Wheeler, Klingberg.

Aho has a lot of hype for a very young kid who hasn't accomplished much yet.

I'll add Josh Manson, an underrated and unique RHD. Size, toughness, speed, shutdown defender and pretty solid offensive aptitude/performance. It would take a huge overpay to acquire him. Ducks aren't moving him. Underrated guys who could move due to circumstances. Ryan Ellis (doubtful) and Mark Stone.

Surprised to see Roman Josi listed. He is one of the best overall LHD in the game and seems to have had somewhat of an unnoticed career. No real weaknesses. Fast, smooth and doesn't make mistakes in his own end. He racks up 50-60 points a year. A deceivingly effective leader from the blueline, love watching him.

Overrated... Many Isle wingers who've played with Taveres. Boone Jenner - supposed to be a top player, but he barely has a role. Bad advanced stats too.

• 2 weeks later...
Underrated: Jack Eichel. Very talented, but gets a little lost playing in Buffalo. He's happy with his new contract, off the hook talent, it's now his team, expect big things.

Interesting on Eichel.

I almost listed him as overrated. I had high expectations for him, but he hasn?t come close to Mcdavid or Matthews type success.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived