Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Brendan Smith's Road to Redemption Begins Now

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    No. I think some guys are just pussies at doing it.
    Point being that itís absurd to think that guys arenít defending their teammates because they are worried about repercussions from the coach.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    No. I think some guys are just pussies at doing it.
    I agree, the Rangers were way too easy to play against, in too many ways.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Point being that it’s absurd to think that guys aren’t defending their teammates because they are worried about repercussions from the coach.
    I dont see why that would be so hard to believe. I dont know or claim to know if that is what happened re: AV, but I could certainly understand the idea that some coaches may preach a turn the other cheek philosophy when it comes to potentially taking retaliatory penalties. Far from absurd IMO.

I just think the team makeup has not consisted of many guys willing to drop the gloves in defense of teammates, regardless of who the coach was. I dont know how many times I saw just a ridiculous hit (dirty ones) that came with no answer...ones that would happen right in front of Rangers players.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Do you honestly think players need to be told when or when not to defend their teammates?
    No

Brendan Smith's Road to Redemption Begins Now

I dont see why that would be so hard to believe. I dont know or claim to know if that is what happened re: AV, but I could certainly understand the idea that some coaches may preach a turn the other cheek philosophy when it comes to potentially taking retaliatory penalties. Far from absurd IMO.

I just think the team makeup has not consisted of many guys willing to drop the gloves in defense of teammates, regardless of who the coach was. I dont know how many times I saw just a ridiculous hit (dirty ones) that came with no answer...ones that would happen right in front of Rangers players.
    When your goalie gets run over like Lundqvist did in Dallas, the last thing on any players mind should be worrying about the coach. That sort of play goes beyond philosophy.
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

So for Vodka, what I am saying is much more nuanced. AV created a culture where players were made so aware of not taking retaliation penalties, that over the years hesitancy creeped in. That is part of how a hit like Eakin's goes unanswered.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 08-09-2018 at 12:16 PM.

When your goalie gets run over like Lundqvist did in Dallas, the last thing on any players mind should be worrying about the coach. That sort of play goes beyond philosophy.
    Damn right, on any team I played on or witnessed. So what is your explanation then? Most of the Rangers are professional pussies?

Can we agree and still appreciate that you (people) don't typically go against their bosses repeated instructions. Do you instinctively defy your boss's policies and long-standing instruction?
    Last edited by Giacomin; 08-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.

AV's explanation was shock. Gee that type of hit does not happen anymore. Except when one listens to the player safety board running out suspensions every week for high hits, intent to injure, slew-foots, sticks to the head, etc.

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Agree with MC51 and Vodka way more about the players not having balls.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Damn right, on any team I played on or witnessed. So what is your explanation then? Most of the Rangers are professional pussies?
    Basically, they are soft
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Can we agree and still appreciate that you (people) don't typically go against their bosses repeated instructions. Do you instinctively defy your boss's policies and long-standing instruction?
    Apples to oranges
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Banned Midget Division
    So for Vodka, what I am saying is much more nuanced. AV created a culture where players were made so aware of not taking retaliation penalties, that over the years hesitancy creeped in. That is part of how a hit like Eakin's goes unanswered.
    that's BS. "the culture" was there even before AV ever got here. Remember how Girardi did not stick up for Gabby when he was beaten up by Carsillo? torts was coaching then.
    stop blaming AV for every little thing you, as a fan, didn't like about the team. its getting ridiculous

Senior Member Squirt Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    that's BS. "the culture" was there even before AV ever got here. Remember how Girardi did not stick up for Gabby when he was beaten up by Carsillo? torts was coaching then.
    stop blaming AV for every little thing you, as a fan, didn't like about the team. its getting ridiculous
    Bingo!

This
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

This
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I found an interesting stat regarding physicality. During the 15-16 season when Dylan McIlrath was playing. When he had 3 or more hits in a game their record was 12-6. In games where he had 1 or 0 hits their record was 1-10. That's how important it is to play a hard hitting game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

HNIC BSBH Legend
    We've officially hit an all time low, folks.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I found an interesting stat regarding physicality. During the 15-16 season when Dylan McIlrath was playing. When he had 3 or more hits in a game their record was 12-6. In games where he had 1 or 0 hits their record was 1-10. That's how important it is to play a hard hitting game.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    This screams of Texas Sharpshooter fallacy. I'd need a lot more corroborating evidence to buy this correlation (that hits equal wins) at face value.
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If youíre a good loser, youíre a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division CBrowningPI's Avatar

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast