• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

• 2 weeks later...

back from Mykonos. it was a blast. the most fun vacation we've ever had.

on the was back from Mykonos to Athens, Aegean airline lost one of our bags. now im not sure I will ever get it back. they didn't actually lose it, they just decided not to load bunch of bags on the airplane at Mykonos. Guess they didn't feel like it. Now only God knows where the bag is

I've heard Greece is dope. It's on my list.

Anyone have suggestions for a weekend in LA? I'm debating on staying in Santa Monica for the beach or WeHo for the nightlife and restaurants.

I travelled to LA quite a bit and always stayed in Santa Monica because it was close to my work office. I stayed at the Double Tree and was close to Venice, the pier, 3rd Street Promenade (shops and restaurants) and Main Street where there were more shops and restaurants. I didn't venture in WeHo that often.

• 2 weeks later...
back from Mykonos. it was a blast. the most fun vacation we've ever had.

on the was back from Mykonos to Athens, Aegean airline lost one of our bags. now im not sure I will ever get it back. they didn't actually lose it, they just decided not to load bunch of bags on the airplane at Mykonos. Guess they didn't feel like it. Now only God knows where the bag is

Leaving on August 31st to Greece (Athens, Santorini, Mykonos) for 2 weeks followed by visiting family in India for 2 weeks.

Any recommendations/advice for Greece/Mykonos?

oh yeah, very expensive in Mykonos. we didn't go to any other islands or Athens. you must hit all the beach clubs in Mykonos. Nammos, Jackie O's, Principote beach clubs. Make sure to make reservations and arrive before 11, otherwise they will give your spots away. make sure to reserve a table at their restaurants. that's where all the parties start. have a blast!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Nice contrast and totally different landscape and vibe. I liked Mykonos more though. Santorini was too commercial and touristy. Mykonos was nice and laid back in the day time and a fun blast at night.

Just got back last night after 5 weeks vacation. Back to the grind now and just in time for the regular season!

• 6 months later...

Turks and Caicos has absolutely no night life. If you not into clubs and bars, then T&C’s is awesome. Romantic, nice restaurants, etc.

in Greece i’ve only been to Mykonos, its a party island.

Karan here been to more places in Greece, he’ll know more. Santorini is great i hear, but not if u want the beach.

This is what I dont get. People come to Turks and Caicos, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, spend thousands of dollars on hotel and food and spend their whole vacation at the pool, not once go to the beach. What’s the point? I dont get it. Why spend all this money and stay in the pool?

Survived do much only to succumb to modernity. What a shame.

It will undoubtedly be replaced with some modernist garbage that resembles a tumor devouring its host.

Unlikely. They will start a re-building project that will take almost as long as the original one, due to lack of the proper building skills and debates over funding.

going to Toronto in May. Wondering for any of the canadians here (any of you in the Toronto area), of the teams that you might see in the OHL finals, are any of them close enough to Toronto to be worth a trip?

I?m not Canadian but I do live here. Oshawa and Niagara are still in, playing each other actually, but they are a bit of a trek if you are staying in Toronto. Niagara is about a 1.5 hr drive subject to traffic (and really only good for the wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara is hardly a holiday destination. Border town etc.). Getting there by public transport would be worse, and longer. Oshawa I haven?t been to but is still a ways away by public transport. Driving certainly much easier than Niagara. You would likely have to add in the cost of a hire car if coming back to TO that late.

If you need any advice you are welcome to PM me. Otherwise have a great trip, it?s a cool city [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’m not Canadian but I do live here. Oshawa and Niagara are still in, playing each other actually, but they are a bit of a trek if you are staying in Toronto. Niagara is about a 1.5 hr drive subject to traffic (and really only good for the wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Niagara is hardly a holiday destination. Border town etc.). Getting there by public transport would be worse, and longer. Oshawa I haven’t been to but is still a ways away by public transport. Driving certainly much easier than Niagara. You would likely have to add in the cost of a hire car if coming back to TO that late.

If you need any advice you are welcome to PM me. Otherwise have a great trip, it’s a cool city [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Thanks! We are flying up so we won't have a car. Oshawa looks like my best bet though. I'll let you know if I have any questions!