• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

Man, all this exotic beach talk is killing me. My wife just went back to school. No vacations for the next 3.5 years. Anyone been to Palawan, Philippines?

http://travelercorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/palawan-island.jpg

Also on my beach bucket list. along with Tahiti.

no..but it looks wow.

Tahiti, Fiji for sure. one day

friends that we were in Greece last week are inviting us to go to Bali for new years. probably going to decline and settle for Jamaica :(

Jamaica is a fun stay -- and the beach vendors. LOL! I saw one guy every day who was draped in marijuana buds woven into a kind of shawl. If you didn't want those, he had pre-rolled smokes too. And to top it off, he was selling small bottles of red wine. Didn't bother anyone but was just there for you if you were looking. Saw me with my longish hair and immediately assumed I was a customer. :cool:

So I came back from Ireland Engaged to my lovely woman and now is the time to decide destination weddings within reason. Only mom,dad,sis,bro on her side invited and n my side mom,sis, maybe brother in law. My father passed 10 years ago.

Mom can’t fly long. I wanted Germany for our roots. Such a nightmare. Lol ideas?

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, just got back to Edmonton late last night after 6 weeks in India + Italy. My return flights were cancelled and re-booked due to British Airways pilots going on strike for a few days so I got to spend an extra week in Italy which wasn't too bad :D Will post some photos soon.

• 9 months later...
Cancelled a california trip in August. Trip was going from LA-SD down the PCH in a convertible. 1st stop was Anaheim to Disneyland while staying in a treehouse for a couple of nights. Rangers/Angels game. Then to downtown LA, hit Mets/Dodgers, then down to San Diego with some scenic stops on the way. San Diego Zoo and Rockies/Padres were on the schedule. But Covid-19 had other plans.

thinking of driving to Newport, RI for few days this week. Feel bad for the kids sitting home since march. No 14 day quarantine in New England if you're coming from Jersey.

No kidding. I have a 4 year old that's begining to form the opinion that this is all that's ever existed. It's going to be his only living memory very soon. It's heartbreaking.

Everything he says is prefaced with "When da Viwus is gone.. "

I more disappointed for my daughter for the California trip, she was looking forward to Disneyland. Instead my wife/daughter left today to my wife's parents for 2 1/2 weeks in Jamesport, LI.

Thought I was going to have a vacation from them, but we decided to have brick repointing on the house and re-pave our driveway soooooo I am spending my days indoors, cant use my backyard or garage gym b/c of all the dust.

No kidding. I have a 4 year old that's begining to form the opinion that this is all that's ever existed. It's going to be his only living memory very soon. It's heartbreaking.

Thats rough. Sorry to hear that.

It's fucking awful. My almost-2-year-old only knows however many words he does, but he knows mask and he knows we have to be wearing them outside.

Very difficult for little ones...and their parents. I?m hoping that being together off-sets some of the negative.

Our youngest graduated college in May and we were booked for a celebration at a resort in Punta Cana. We re-booked for Mexico in March but haven?t bought plane tix yet.

In the meantime he?s helped me revamp my mom?s pool cabana and stone stairway. I?ve enjoyed these days with him, working together and laughing at our mistakes and accomplishments alike just like me with my dad years ago. All good memories.

I hear you, my kids tell us how much they hate the virus all the time and how it ruined everything. We had gotten them tickets for Jurassic Park Live for their birthday's, and that got cancelled. My oldest son had his hockey championship game cancelled. We were doing a combined birthday party for my kids, and that was cancelled. My little guy was in kindergarten, and he kept saying how he missed his friends in school. Then, we were supposed to go to Disney this summer, and now that is cancelled. They are so miserable, I feel bad for them, and there isn't even anyplace we can take them to do anything close by. I feel bad for all these kids.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...