Thread: Vacation Thread

Banned Midget Division

Vacation Thread

going to Mykonos, Greece this weekend for a week. anyone been? any interesting ideas?

Banned Midget Division
    back from Mykonos. it was a blast. the most fun vacation we've ever had.
    on the was back from Mykonos to Athens, Aegean airline lost one of our bags. now im not sure I will ever get it back. they didn't actually lose it, they just decided not to load bunch of bags on the airplane at Mykonos. Guess they didn't feel like it. Now only God knows where the bag is

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I've heard Greece is dope. It's on my list.

Anyone have suggestions for a weekend in LA? I'm debating on staying in Santa Monica for the beach or WeHo for the nightlife and restaurants.

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've heard Greece is dope. It's on my list.

Anyone have suggestions for a weekend in LA? I'm debating on staying in Santa Monica for the beach or WeHo for the nightlife and restaurants.
    I travelled to LA quite a bit and always stayed in Santa Monica because it was close to my work office. I stayed at the Double Tree and was close to Venice, the pier, 3rd Street Promenade (shops and restaurants) and Main Street where there were more shops and restaurants. I didn't venture in WeHo that often.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    back from Mykonos. it was a blast. the most fun vacation we've ever had.
    on the was back from Mykonos to Athens, Aegean airline lost one of our bags. now im not sure I will ever get it back. they didn't actually lose it, they just decided not to load bunch of bags on the airplane at Mykonos. Guess they didn't feel like it. Now only God knows where the bag is
    Leaving on August 31st to Greece (Athens, Santorini, Mykonos) for 2 weeks followed by visiting family in India for 2 weeks.
    Any recommendations/advice for Greece/Mykonos?

Banned Midget Division
    oh yeah, very expensive in Mykonos. we didn't go to any other islands or Athens. you must hit all the beach clubs in Mykonos. Nammos, Jackie O's, Principote beach clubs. Make sure to make reservations and arrive before 11, otherwise they will give your spots away. make sure to reserve a table at their restaurants. that's where all the parties start. have a blast!!

Mykonos was such a blast. Amazing island. 3 days was definitely not enough there. Highly recommend going there. I'm in Santorini now for the week.

Banned Midget Division
    nice contrast from Mykonos, right?

Nice contrast and totally different landscape and vibe. I liked Mykonos more though. Santorini was too commercial and touristy. Mykonos was nice and laid back in the day time and a fun blast at night.
    Just got back last night after 5 weeks vacation. Back to the grind now and just in time for the regular season!

Banned Midget Division
    5 weeks? jeez