• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

I found the beef pretty bad, but burger was OK @ medium rare.

Had quail egg pizza, it was good. Fish and chips were good. Their attempts at a decent breakfast we're lamentable. Gas station food, and pastries at corner stores were superb.

How'd you find the prices?

expensive. probably double of what we pay here, sometimes triple. but its understandable because everything is imported and Iceland is a huge volcanic wasteland.

free breakfast at our hotel was ok. scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, potatoes. liked their vegies and fruit. I mostly ate fish there. At "Fish Market" it was so-so, but at "Apotek" it was awesome.

Alcohol prices were fucking outrageous. Good thing we stocked up at duty free

• 2 weeks later...

Back to Greece eh, you sure do love that place don't ya?

Flying to India this Sunday for a couple of weeks. And then over to Italy (Lake Como, Bologna and Turin) for a couple of weeks after that. Will be gone all of August, back early September.

Just came back from Lake George a couple of days ago. Its been a long time since Ive been there, and we drove up to Lake Placid one day, what a beautiful town it is. I wish we had planned more time to be there. Got some nice Miracle on Ice stuff too.

Back to Greece eh, you sure do love that place don't ya?

Flying to India this Sunday for a couple of weeks. And then over to Italy (Lake Como, Bologna and Turin) for a couple of weeks after that. Will be gone all of August, back early September.

Love Lake Como. You going to try to make it out to Monza while you're there?

Love Lake Como. You going to try to make it out to Monza while you're there?

Unfortunately not this year. I opted against it mainly due to how miserably Ferrari is doing this year. But I love the atmosphere in Monza on a race weekend so I figured I'd go down to a local 'ristorante' in Monza and watch the race with some locals this time.

^It's all good SBR35. Life's a process and you get to enjoy how it unfolds. Our boys are now going on 21 and 23 and while all of our 'younger' family travel was fun doing day trips to Hershey, Philly, Boston, DC, NYC (a gazillion times because we live an hour away) the more recent stuff to Cancun for Christmas or Euro travel are a new level of fun. Being a close family with love to share is key. Our 'boys' still want to be around us and do stuff together. Result? We share great restaurants together and have found pairing-off for mutual interests to be a blast. I hope you get to enjoy the same. (PS - they asked if we can rent a house for a week in Wildwood Crest again this year because we missed doing so last year and they wanted us to be together on the beach once again. I think they sense that the impending development of careers and relationships is going to alter our cozy and often get togethers.)

^It's all good SBR35. Life's a process and you get to enjoy how it unfolds. Our boys are now going on 21 and 23 and while all of our 'younger' family travel was fun doing day trips to Hershey, Philly, Boston, DC, NYC (a gazillion times because we live an hour away) the more recent stuff to Cancun for Christmas or Euro travel are a new level of fun. Being a close family with love to share is key. Our 'boys' still want to be around us and do stuff together. Result? We share great restaurants together and have found pairing-off for mutual interests to be a blast. I hope you get to enjoy the same. (PS - they asked if we can rent a house for a week in Wildwood Crest again this year because we missed doing so last year and they wanted us to be together on the beach once again. I think they sense that the impending development of careers and relationships is going to alter our cozy and often get togethers.)

While I yearn for a beach somewhere exotic with a mojito in hand and several more in my belly I am absolutely looking forward to the first of hopefully many family vacations. I hope we can provide my kids with as much if not more than I was able to experience as a kid. Granted it is still definitely early as my son just turned two and my daughter will be 4 months soon. Lots to look forward to.

We're in this boat as well 4 year old boy with a daughter due in weeks and vacations are now bringing our in laws so we have childcare.

We're in OC Maryland with my cousin and his kid and his parents but the laughs are still the same kind of gold... You just laugh at different things.

While I yearn for a beach somewhere exotic with a mojito in hand and several more in my belly I am absolutely looking forward to the first of hopefully many family vacations. I hope we can provide my kids with as much if not more than I was able to experience as a kid. Granted it is still definitely early as my son just turned two and my daughter will be 4 months soon. Lots to look forward to.