• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Vacation Thread

Albatrosss

Unlikely. They will start a re-building project that will take almost as long as the original one, due to lack of the proper building skills and debates over funding.

Salma Hayek's husband just pledged $113m to a rebuild, with more likely to come from other places. At least they'll be arguing over how to spend the money instead of how to get it.

• 3 weeks later...
back from Mykonos. it was a blast. the most fun vacation we've ever had.

on the was back from Mykonos to Athens, Aegean airline lost one of our bags. now im not sure I will ever get it back. they didn't actually lose it, they just decided not to load bunch of bags on the airplane at Mykonos. Guess they didn't feel like it. Now only God knows where the bag is

I love Greece and even buying property in Athens this summer but I've never been to Mykonos but heard only nice things about this place. Where did you stay and what is worth a visit there? Maybe will go this July for 5 days.

I love Greece and even buying property in Athens this summer but I've never been to Mykonos but heard only nice things about this place. Where did you stay and what is worth a visit there? Maybe will go this July for 5 days.

Gotta say I spent two nights in Athens for my honeymoon and it was 1 night too many. Crete on the other hand was beautiful.

Dont go to Commander's Palace, tourist trap.

Willie Maes Scotch House for some fried chicken

Check out Preservation Hall

Once you got enough Vodka in you, do some karaoke at the Cats Meow

I went to commanders palace. It was the best gourmet restaurant i had.

The rest of them sucked. Other than boiled crawfish, food was not all that great. Jazz was great, of course

• 1 month later...
going to Iceland for a weekend in July on my wife's birthday. I hear its otherworldly. 3 full days in total. Should be enough.

Enjoy!!! Its amazingly.......expensive.....One of the best trips I took, however I went in winter, probably much different than in July

Since its for your wife's birthday you'll have to do The Blue Lagoon, do some sort of tour, can explore Reyjkavik in one day. Unfortunately I didnt really experience any nightlife there b/c we weren't there on a weekend but I hear its crazy.....now that is where Dunny will come in.

Blue Lagoon when you arrive, explore Reyjkavik

Do a full day tour

Do maybe a day tour/experience nightlife

https://guidetoiceland.is/

We used this site to book a tour

We got utterly destroyed on $16 beers and then stood at Baejarins hot dog stand for two hours just hysterical at how awful the hotdogs were. When anybody got angry with our behaviour we just said we were Americans.

The Saturday night we had a wedding, so weren't in Reykjavik.

Where are you staying, Simon?

Since its for your wife's birthday you'll have to do The Blue Lagoon, do some sort of tour, can explore Reyjkavik in one day. Unfortunately I didnt really experience any nightlife there b/c we weren't there on a weekend but I hear its crazy.....now that is where Dunny will come in.

Blue Lagoon when you arrive, explore Reyjkavik

Do a full day tour

Do maybe a day tour/experience nightlife

https://guidetoiceland.is/

We used this site to book a tour

I looked at that site, thinking of booking a car tour or just renting a car and following their itinerary. Not really looking to do serious night life there. I want to explore the island

We got utterly destroyed on $16 beers and then stood at Baejarins hot dog stand for two hours just hysterical at how awful the hotdogs were. When anybody got angry with our behaviour we just said we were Americans.

The Saturday night we had a wedding, so weren't in Reykjavik.

Where are you staying, Simon?

I haven't booked the hotel yet, just plane tix. we're flying in on Friday morning, so I plan to stay in Reykjavik the whole day. Then drive out for two days exploring. flying home monday