• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign F Jimmy Vesey to 2-Year/$4.55M Extension; $2.275M AAV

Phil

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If anyone needed a new coach here it was him. Hopefully Quin can get more out of him and use him better. I feel like AV held him down some and didn’t give him the opportunity he needed until the end of last season. I like the kid and this is a good deal for both.

Hope he grows into what his height and weight are listed as. 6'3 200 my ass. Guy looks like he's barely 6'. Plays like it too.

Like most of the squad, he’s far from being classified as “hard to play against”

If anyone needed a new coach here it was him. Hopefully Quin can get more out of him and use him better. I feel like AV held him down some and didn’t give him the opportunity he needed until the end of last season. I like the kid and this is a good deal for both.

This is what I’m a bit confused with... what are the expectations of Vesey as a player, moving forward?

This is what I’m a bit confused with... what are the expectations of Vesey as a player, moving forward?

I think he's got the potential to pop in 12-15g and 20-25 assists, in the right system. (Think he's do batter on a team that doesn't live off the rush)

I think he's got the potential to pop in 12-15g and 20-25 assists, in the right system. (Think he's do batter on a team that doesn't live off the rush)

So... pretty much the same as we've seen?

Not getting the hype around Vesey in a new system or with a new coach. For a few more assists? Sweet...

Vesey could easily be a 20-goal guy.

If he plays with, say, Hayes and Zucc, and gets time on the PP, he will be.

This is what I think as well. He didn't really get a shot on the PP and in big minutes under AV, and he was floated between the 3rd and 4th line a lot. Hopefully Quinn will give him that shot.

Vesey could easily be a 20-goal guy.

If he plays with, say, Hayes and Zucc, and gets time on the PP, he will be.

Couldnt just about anyone, getting those minutes?

That's not improving. That's just getting extra minutes from Nash, Miller and Grabner being gone. That doesn't make him, or the team better.

Archived