Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Sign F Jimmy Vesey to 2-Year/$4.55M Extension; $2.275M AAV

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    I think he's do batter next year too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Sorry I don't see Vesey scoring 20 goals. Way better players with way more icetime have never hit 20.

20 isn't easy.

Not seeing Vesey do it with his current battle level.
    I meant to piggy back on something you were addressing in a different thread - production above replacement.

I don’t see him doing it, not now, next season or in three, which is why I’d rather set up a kid so that person CAN be better than what we’ve iced.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    I didn't realize that.

Shows you just how invisible he is most nights.
    Same here. Can't remember a single one of them. Invisible is the word I would use too.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rmc51's Avatar
    Vesey is the exact kind of player to give more ice time to and see what he does with it. You don't really know for sure what you've got. He's 25...time to sink or swim. Give him 20-25 games with an increased role and see what he does.
    Last edited by rmc51; 07-18-2018 at 09:39 PM.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Same here. Can't remember a single one of them. Invisible is the word I would use too.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    But you remember the other 211 goals the Rangers scored? Vesey goes to the dirty ares and cleans up pucks around the net. The more time he's on the ice to battle in those areas, and the more he plays with better players creating more chances, the more goals he'll score...

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    But you remember the other 211 goals the Rangers scored? Vesey goes to the dirty ares and cleans up pucks around the net. The more time he's on the ice to battle in those areas, and the more he plays with better players creating more chances, the more goals he'll score...
    What kind of question is that, seriously. I explain imo I don't think he's earned more ice time or a bigger role. I think he's a spare part who at times is invisible which to me equates to a lack of either effort, talent or both. If you feel differently that's great. I think he is who he has shown to be.

I don’t see this from him much, and not nearly as much as he should with so little production. I’m hard on Fast, and there’s no comparison between the two.

Off the face off, on the forecheck, the kid goes to the net and makes things happen. You may not remember his goals because they aren't flashy, and they don't stink in your mind because you dislike him, but the kids puts the puck in the net despite AV constantly shuffling around the lineup. I see Vesey, and Buch, greatly benefiting from some lineup/ice time continuity under Quinn.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    So far he's just OK. He's nothing special to warrant the hype of "winning him".

I feel sorry for the earth's population BSBH Prospect
    The team got him for nothing as a prospect when their cupboards were empty, he's made the NHL and thus far he's a 30 point winger. That's already a win, whether he's hit his ceiling and becomes a depth winger or he still has another level to his game.
    “Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” ― Neil Gaiman,

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Over Kreider, Buch, Zucc, Namestnikov, Spooner or even Fast?

It seems like people wanted to turn him into a pest type, but now it seems like people want to stretch their dollar and have him on the PP?

I'm really not sure what to expect from this guy. I feel like we saw two different players in each of his two seasons.

He can definitely become a 20 goal guy in a top six role. Not sure if that's enough to keep him past this contract, unless he can be that pest at the same time .
    Kreider Zucc and Buch would probably be on the first PP....

Kreider - Zib - Buch - Zucc - Shatty
    Vesey - Hayes - Spooner - Whoever - ADA

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post

This kind of says more about you than it does about Vesey.

He was one of the most noticeable forwards after the deadline, and it would have been hard to notice him consistently early in the season when he constantly had poor linemates that were hardly ever the same.
    Last edited by Future; 07-19-2018 at 09:06 AM.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    He's not even in top 5 noticeable forwards after deadline.

Zib
    Krieder
    Spooner
    Hayes
    Fast
    Buch

On any given night.

He's not even in top 5 noticeable forwards after deadline.

Zib
    Krieder
    Spooner
    Hayes
    Fast
    Buch

On any given night.
    Buch was awful after the deadline.

You said you watched 3 or 4 games after the deadline...how would you even know?

Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    This kind of says more about you than it does about Vesey.

He was one of the most noticeable forwards after the deadline, and it would have been hard to notice him consistently early in the season when he constantly had poor linemates that were hardly ever the same.
    Hmmmmm, coincidentally that's when he was given a bigger role after Nash and Miller were gone. From Feb 28 on he scored 6 goals and 10 points in 19 games in just under 16 minutes a night. That's a 26 goal and 43 point pace.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Buch was awful after the deadline.

You said you watched 3 or 4 games after the deadline...how would you even know?
    Because "noticeable" is subjective and if I want to say I noticed Cody fucking McCleod more than Spooner then that's my opinion.

That ok with you? Can other people say they noticed other players in the games they watched?

Because I'm sure your eyes were glued to every minute of every game with those top notch scouting skills.

Hmmmmm, coincidentally that's when he was given a bigger role after Nash and Miller were gone. From Feb 28 on he scored 6 goals and 10 points in 19 games in just under 16 minutes a night. That's a 26 goal and 43 point pace.
    And we need more than that from our top 6.

Because "noticeable" is subjective and if I want to say I noticed Cody fucking McCleod more than Spooner then that's my opinion.

That ok with you? Can other people say they noticed other players in the games they watched?

Because I'm sure your eyes were glued to every minute of every game with those top notch scouting skills.
    You can say whatever you want about individual games.

But no, it's not ok to watch 4 out of 19 games, have a complete aversion to stats, and then say anything about those 19 games as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    And we need more than that from our top 6.
    What exactly are you expecting from the top 6? Is there a team in the league with 6 forwards who scored 25 goals?

HNIC BSBH Legend
    You can say whatever you want about individual games.

But no, it's not ok to watch 4 out of 19 games, have a complete aversion to stats, and then say anything about those 19 games as a whole.
    Good thing I can give two fucks what you think is "OK".

The fuck outta here with that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast