Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's Your Most Expensive Hobby?

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Bump. 50 fancy beers are being shipped to my house. Most average $15 -$25 a bottle. Got 30+ last month. Another 30 the month.

Gotta say, not one really bad beer. Some really fucking amazing ones.

But I have to stop. Can't be wasting $500 a month on beers, besides the typical weekend binge... Nah. Yeah I can .
    I'm swing by with a bag of chips. Can you tell me which ones you liked the best so I can see if I can find them locally ?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Daughter, cars, african cichlids, travel

ugh.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    As a kid, I always wondered why old guys at the rink always wore old-ass gloves, helmets, skates etc as adults.

As an adult, now I understand.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Daughter, cars, african cichlids, travel

ugh.
    Nice. Used to have an aquarium thread, but only a couple of us had tanks. What's your setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Nice. Used to have an aquarium thread, but only a couple of us had tanks. What's your setup?

Hey Phil 2-220, 125, 2-75. 3 Marineland c-530's on the 220's and 125, big Uv lights. Been into these for about 8 years and three different houses. Lost a fortune two weeks ago when the water co added a shitton of chlorine/chloramine and I did a water change on one of the 220 and within two hours lost 15-18 6-8 inch fish and have lost one here and there since as result. It was like I poured battery acid on them. I always treat the water as a precaution but this time it couldn't remove all they put in there. The best part was when I moved in here in Nov when the house was finally done I walked up the street to the water tower here in SSP and talked with the guy and he said he would call or stop by a day or two before they flushed it so I could avoid exactly what happened. Endless money pit

You it's an addiction.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Nice. Yeah, I'm right up the street from our water processing plant, too. Our water is basically RO.

Have a planted 29G pea puffer tank, a 7.5G tiger shrimp, and a boatload of penjing-style terrariums at the moment. Sent my 55 out to my dad's for him to eventually start up a cichlid tank.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    I'm swing by with a bag of chips. Can you tell me which ones you liked the best so I can see if I can find them locally ?
    A lot of them are west coast breweries, and definitely out of state, but I'll list them anyway.

Mobcraft, "Solid NON FAIL stout"., 12% abv-- Comparable to Founders CBS, but way more maple.

pFriem, "Lemon Zest Farmhouse ale", Saison., 6.2 abv. Sour,

Taxnan, "Raspberry Ginger exemption", Belgium tripel. 8.5 abv. Very fruity, and refreshing.

Deschutes brewery, "the Ages", sour. 8% abv. Almost like champagne........ exactly like champagne.

Ecliptic brewing, "Starburst", American IPA, 7.8% abv. Nice and light for an IPA. I'm not into most IPAs.

Icicle brewing, " Dark persuasion" dark ale (stout/Porter), 6.5 % abv. Honestly tastes like German chocolate cake. It really does.

AleSmith, "Grand Cru", Belgian strong. 10% abv. Layers of flavors.

Straight to Ale "Velvet Evil". Old ale. 11.5 % abv. Looks like an ale has all the characters of a porter as far as flavors go.

The artist formerly known as Mr. Smith Junior Division
    All-encompassing, it's music. The amount of money I've spent on instruments, vinyl, subscriptions, and of course concerts, is unmatched. Jerseys may be a close second, but I look for them on clearance now instead of looking to buy new ones. I don't spend as much money on photography as I'd like to, but I'm afraid to commit to a new lens/body.
    Hidden Content

Did everything just taste purple for a second?

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Hats are another thing I buy a ton of. I get a new Rangers hat every season, plus I have many different hats between sports, characters and different logos. My wife complained because I have so many.

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    A lot of them are west coast breweries, and definitely out of state, but I'll list them anyway.

Mobcraft, "Solid NON FAIL stout"., 12% abv-- Comparable to Founders CBS, but way more maple.

pFriem, "Lemon Zest Farmhouse ale", Saison., 6.2 abv. Sour,

Taxnan, "Raspberry Ginger exemption", Belgium tripel. 8.5 abv. Very fruity, and refreshing.

Deschutes brewery, "the Ages", sour. 8% abv. Almost like champagne........ exactly like champagne.

Ecliptic brewing, "Starburst", American IPA, 7.8% abv. Nice and light for an IPA. I'm not into most IPAs.

Icicle brewing, " Dark persuasion" dark ale (stout/Porter), 6.5 % abv. Honestly tastes like German chocolate cake. It really does.

AleSmith, "Grand Cru", Belgian strong. 10% abv. Layers of flavors.

Straight to Ale "Velvet Evil". Old ale. 11.5 % abv. Looks like an ale has all the characters of a porter as far as flavors go.
    I'm not much of a beer drinker but a few of those do sound interesting. If you're getting any duplicates in your next batch would you consider selling me one bottle of a few of those?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Along with women i should also mention Guns.....although the recent drop in ammo has been nice

Member Mite Division Scottish_Ranger's Avatar
    SCUBA diving, motorbikes, wife lol
    Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools - Grp Cpt Sir Douglas Bader CBE, DSO + Bar, DFC + Bar, FRAeS, DL.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    I'm not much of a beer drinker but a few of those do sound interesting. If you're getting any duplicates in your next batch would you consider selling me one bottle of a few of those?
    Lol you have or will soon have one of the better beer distributors back in Ronkonkoma, where you can shop for some beers like this.

Actually Thrifty beverage on Julia Goldbach Ave in Ronkonkoma has a damn good selection. Go check them out, as any duplicates of mine are likely going to be wanted by me. LoL

Beer Leaguer Bantam Division
    Lol you have or will soon have one of the better beer distributors back in Ronkonkoma, where you can shop for some beers like this.

Actually Thrifty beverage on Julia Goldbach Ave in Ronkonkoma has a damn good selection. Go check them out, as any duplicates of mine are likely going to be wanted by me. LoL
    If you're talking about Ronkonkoma Beverage it is never going to open lol. It gets delayed and delayed and delayed. Last I saw it was moved back to Memorial Day Weekend 2019. It was supposed to open MDW 2018. Have you been to Tag Beverage in Holbrook? Their selection has skyrocketed since new ownership took over. Thrifty isn't far from my job, maybe I will swing by one day on my break or on my way home. Out of your list, beers that sound interesting to me are the Mobcraft Solid Non Fail Stout, Taxnan Raspberry Ginger Exemption, and Icicle Dark Persuasion. I'll have to see if they have those.

Quote Originally Posted by SaveByRichter35 View Post
    If you're talking about Ronkonkoma Beverage it is never going to open lol. It gets delayed and delayed and delayed. Last I saw it was moved back to Memorial Day Weekend 2019. It was supposed to open MDW 2018. Have you been to Tag Beverage in Holbrook? Their selection has skyrocketed since new ownership took over. Thrifty isn't far from my job, maybe I will swing by one day on my break or on my way home. Out of your list, beers that sound interesting to me are the Mobcraft Solid Non Fail Stout, Taxnan Raspberry Ginger Exemption, and Icicle Dark Persuasion. I'll have to see if they have those.
    I've heard Tag has greatly improved. I will check them out.

I'm not sure you will be able to find those exact brands but there are plenty of breweries that do similar things. The Mobcraft is very much like Founders CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout), which most places will have. Though it may be out of season.

There's plenty of fruit beers out there that are Raspberry loaded.

I haven't seen much like the dark persuasio, though there are plenty of "cake" stouts. I highly suggest anything by evil twin. And if you are into growlers, local brewery (farmingdale) Barrage has a great beer called yada yada yada, which is a brown ale that tastes like a Snickers bar. If it's on tap. Get it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123