• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign D Rob O'Gara to 1-Year/$874K Extension

josh

lol, why damn?

I don't think he's very good. If he fails to make the team, he goes to what should be a fairly packed Hartford team.

Day, Lindgren, Hajek, Gilmour and Bigras should all be getting top 4 minutes. Who knows if Pionk or DeAngelo makes the Rangers.. One of them can very well be in Hartford too.

Ogara or Kampfer will grab the 7 spot with the Rangers, or possibly Bigras or Gilmour.

Have a feeling Ogara or Kampfer wind up in Hartford. Likely taking one of those top 4 spots, due to being vets on such a young team.

I'd rather all these kids and younger guys get an opportunity. But at 25, I guess he can be called young as well. He is from LI too. So I guess I should root for him.... But Massapequa... Ughhh

Praying he never sees the ice in a Rangers jersey. Hopefully Hartford bound. Again not much to sweat cost wise but I didn't see anything to think he had NHL potential. Overall just another signing where I wish they tried their luck on someone else.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Praying he never sees the ice in a Rangers jersey. Hopefully Hartford bound. Again not much to sweat cost wise but I didn't see anything to think he had NHL potential. Overall just another signing where I wish they tried their luck on someone else.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This guy just turned 25 and hasn't even played 50 NHL games over 2 seasons. He has plenty of development time left to become a #6 or #7.

Is he great now? No. Does he have a chance to become better? Yea. And he's got size.

Try their luck on who for just over league minimum?

He's not mobile enough but he's very good defensively when not asked to do too much. He was a terrible fit before and he's still more of an old style defenseman, but I could see him becoming a serviceable bottom pair guy in the NHL at some point. Gorton obviously asked for him in that trade for a reason, he wasn't going to just let him walk after a handful of games.

I don't share the confidence with Gorton, I'm not sure what he's done to deserve it. You can say shit canning AV but I think AV was just as relieved to be outta here. As for the trades and off season signings, not impressed.

O?Gara became very steady in his last 10 or so games. He deserves a chance. Anyone complaining is just doing it to complain.

No, they aren't. Especially if they're providing rationale for why. Let's not just dismiss everyone's opinions you disagree with as whining, please. I can't imagine you'd like it if the tables were turned.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I don't share the confidence with Gorton, I'm not sure what he's done to deserve it. You can say shit canning AV but I think AV was just as relieved to be outta here. As for the trades and off season signings, not impressed.

I didn't love his draft. I thought it was average, and I don't mind the first round choice even though I preferred Wahlstrom.

That said...I'm a little confused by what you think success looks like. I've seen you in a few threads shitting on the moves (and you're admitting here you're "not impressed"), so what would you have done? Who would you have went out an gotten?

All he's done so far is qualify his RFAs so he knows what his cap is before arbitration.

This is what a rebuild looks like. The kids will have chances to earn spots. Not sure what else you're looking for.

I look at his signing as Hartford just getting better. The rangers for far to long have forgotten about their development team in Hartford. If O’Gara doesn’t make the rangers he provides depth in Hartford. The rangers are rebuilding and the first signs of life is in Hartford. That team actually has gotten miles better. It can’t hurt developing any player when they are playing for a winning team. For the first time in a long time Hartford should be pretty good

No, they aren't. Especially if they're providing rationale for why. Let's not just dismiss everyone's opinions you disagree with as whining, please. I can't imagine you'd like it if the tables were turned.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I didn’t say anyone was whining. To complain about a one-year, 2-way contract for nearly league minimum is for no other reason than to complain. I get that it’s July and there’s not much to talk about but we have almost 25 million in cap space. It hurts no one to give him an opportunity.

I didn’t say anyone was whining. To complain about a one-year, 2-way contract for nearly league minimum is for no other reason than to complain. I get that it’s July and there’s not much to talk about but we have almost 25 million in cap space. It hurts no one to give him an opportunity.

Except that whole scenario I pointed out... He could very well take away minutes from a youngster in Hartford.

I beg to differ. Gorton sitting on his hands and doing fuck all in the off season is an excellent move and totally out of character for this organization. It?s exactly the right way to play it at this stage in the rebuild.

Obviously resigning McLeod is mind boggling but apart from that I think he?s handled the off season really well.

Except that whole scenario I pointed out... He could very well take away minutes from a youngster in Hartford.

I think that we were all shocked and/or dismayed with Steve Kampfer & Tanner Glass getting minutes night after night while a Tony DeAngelo or Pavel Buchnevich would be sitting in the press box under AV's regime.

Working on the assumption that is why he was let go, and that things will be different under Quinn, I agree with ThirtyONE. If Ryan Lingdren & Sean Day can't figure out how to push players who have career AHLer written all over them like Rob O' Gara, Steve Kampfer, & Chris Bigras out of the way for a top 4 role in Hartford, they are not legitimate prospects.

I think that we were all shocked and/or dismayed with Steve Kampfer & Tanner Glass getting minutes night after night while a Tony DeAngelo or Pavel Buchnevich would be sitting in the press box under AV's regime.

Working on the assumption that is why he was let go, and that things will be different under Quinn, I agree with ThirtyONE. If Ryan Lingdren & Sean Day can't figure out how to push players who have career AHLer written all over them like Rob O' Gara, Steve Kampfer, & Chris Bigras out of the way for a top 4 role in Hartford, they are not legitimate prospects.

Good point, except I don't think you make that call as a definite, in their first pro season.

Archived