• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

CHI/ARI Complete Multi-Piece Hossa Trade

Phil

Because then he won't get paid

When I got the alert from the NHL app, the story with it said that he couldn’t retire because the Blackhawks would get charged with cap circumvention if he retired. I don’t think he is making that much here at the end of that contract either.

When I got the alert from the NHL app, the story with it said that he couldn’t retire because the Blackhawks would get charged with cap circumvention if he retired. I don’t think he is making that much here at the end of that contract either.

I guess since he signed it before the CBA? Salary is $1M for these last three years...

If he can?t medically play anymore, I don?t get why he can?t retire? At that point it?s not really cap circumvention if he retires due to medical reasons.

Yes, it is. Which is exactly why he won't retire (formally) until his deal expires. It's entirely wink wink nudge nudge.

This is the type of contract the league targeted with recapture. The only way to avoid this is to live the life of the deal out.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived