Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with The King?

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by NYR2711 View Post
    They all communicate on the ice, so if he is telling a guy he is doing something wrong, and he continues to do it, why shouldn't he be yelled at.
    You make great points about communication and what goalies are able to see. So, if you are encouraging Hank to communicate and inform, awesome.

It is the yelling at part that some have a problem with. It is not his job to be disciplinarian or head coach. It is one thing to offer a coaching tip or firm instruction, but we don't want our players/goalies to be expected to critique and yell at teammates after goals, bad plays and losses. Particularly not in front of the crowd or cameras. Quite the opposite.
    Last edited by Giacomin; 07-11-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

What to do with The King?

Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    GAA has nothing to do with shots. Its goal against per 60 minutes.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Let me clarify that
    GAA is in reference/correlation vs shots per game
    Not shots per season

So when comparing his GAA against another goaltender....show me shots per game

You showed a difference in shots per season, in that case reference goals against per season

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I think its a generational thing. I have no issue with it, but, "stick and stones may break my bones, but words to 100x worse" is the new saying.
    Well itís not a generational thing
    If anything, spouting and complaining like a child is the new generational thing

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Well it’s not a generational thing
    If anything, spouting and complaining like a child is the new generational thing

So are you saying goalies haven’t started saying things to their teammates mid game until Hank came along?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    So are you saying goalies havenít started saying things to their teammates mid game until Hank came along?
    Iím saying most professional adults know how to deal with adversity.
    Hank is not the first, but that does not excuse the behavior.

Anytime you reference ďwell so and so did it...Ē

You lose the high ground

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    You make great points about communication and what goalies are able to see. So, if you are encouraging Hank to communicate and inform, awesome.

It is the yelling at part that some have a problem with. It is not his job to be disciplinarian or head coach. It is one thing to offer a coaching tip or firm instruction, but we don't want our players/goalies to be expected to critique and yell at teammates after goals, bad plays and losses. Particularly not in front of the crowd or cameras. Quite the opposite.
    If there is an issue with a player screwing up all game and costing scoring chances for the other team, you don’t wait u til the end of the game or in between periods to say something. And players yell at each other all the time. You don’t think the captain yells at his team on the bench when they are having a shitty game. Player communication, whether it’s talking or arguing with a teammate is part of the game. Their are a lot of emotions and when someone messes up, a pissed off teammate is gonna happen. As for doing it during a game or when cameras are on, why would you wait until the plane ride home to tell a player to stop screening you?

Iím saying most professional adults know how to deal with adversity.
    Hank is not the first, but that does not excuse the behavior.

Anytime you reference ďwell so and so did it...Ē

You lose the high ground

Totally disagree. Itís part of any game where players who are playing badly and costing their team get yelled at by teammates. Has nothing to do with being an adult. At your job, if your fellow employee screws up and it screws you, are you gonna say something to them at that moment or wait until the boss says something to him? And you said itís the new thing for people to complain, which is why I posted what I did.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Totally disagree. Itís part of any game where players who are playing badly and costing their team get yelled at by teammates. Has nothing to do with being an adult. At your job, if your fellow employee screws up and it screws you, are you gonna say something to them at that moment or wait until the boss says something to him?
    Iíll talk to them like a adult rather than throwing a tantrum in public...

But thatís just me

I’ll talk to them like a adult rather than throwing a tantrum in public...

But that’s just me

Is your job in public like an athlete?

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Is your job in public like an athlete?
    Not quite.
    We work in a facility/camp environment
    Approx 2k employees in a remote area.

Saying and athlete should say something to another teammate or yell at them because they are in public makes zero sense. The game is on TV and people are there to watch the game, when are they supposed to do it? It happens in every sport, people forget this is their job, they aren’t doing this for fun.

Not quite.
    We work in a facility/camp environment
    Approx 2k employees in a remote area.

So you have a different work environment, so while your doing your job, if someone screws up, your gonna say something to them. A large crowd isn’t watching you do your job, there is a huge difference between the two.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    So you have a different work environment, so while your doing your job, if someone screws up, your gonna say something to them. A large crowd isnít watching you do your job, there is a huge difference between the two.
    Iím completely confused.

You are saying itís more acceptable to yell at coworkers in public than in private?

And letís get one thing straight....Lundy is not yelling at employees....these are coworkers

The coach gets to yell at employees

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Saying and athlete should say something to another teammate or yell at them because they are in public makes zero sense. The game is on TV and people are there to watch the game, when are they supposed to do it? It happens in every sport, people forget this is their job, they arenít doing this for fun.
    You could always address it after the game in the room.

I do have to say it's remarkable...

Torts yelled at Hank...fired
    Steps yelled at Hank...traded

Hank yelled at:

G...traded
    McD...traded
    Smith...demoted
    Staal...lost an eye

Remarkable.

I’m completely confused.

You are saying it’s more acceptable to yell at coworkers in public than in private?

And let’s get one thing straight....Lundy is not yelling at employees....these are coworkers

I’m saying that your on Hank because he yelled at a coworker in public and that you would only do it in private. But the difference between your job and an athletes is that there job is public. When they are performing it, it’s usually on TV and is always in front of a crowd, so where should he say something to a teammate?

And again, you have never argued or said anything to a coworker over a mistake?

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Hank yelled at:

G...traded
    McD...traded
    Smith...demoted
    Staal...lost an eye

Remarkable.

dude... come on, lol.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I’m completely confused.

You are saying it’s more acceptable to yell at coworkers in public than in private?

And let’s get one thing straight....Lundy is not yelling at employees....these are coworkers

Not really. There is def a rank structure in sports. Hank and Kampfer are not equal coworkers.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Iím saying that your on Hank because he yelled at a coworker in public and that you would only do it in private. But the difference between your job and an athletes is that there job is public. When they are performing it, itís usually on TV and is always in front of a crowd, so where should he say something to a teammate?

And again, you have never argued or said anything to a coworker over a mistake?
    Well i donít yell at employees....so letís scratch that.
    But i donít think you want a culture on a team where everyone gets to yell at everyone like children. There are hundreds of mistakes made in a Hockey game, itís how you react that makes the difference.

Hanks character is close to beyond reproach. His work ethos, professionalism, work with the community and relationship with the fans. In fact itís hard to imagine a better ranger in the last 50 years.

That being said, his random bursts during games at teammates is not excusable due to everything i mention above

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Hank yelled at:

G...traded
    McD...traded
    Smith...demoted
    Staal...lost an eye

Remarkable.
    So your saying that they were all traded because of Hank? Your wrong. Torts has an issue with the entire team, not just Hank. Girardi was bought out because of his play, Smith was demoted because of his play. And. Need some sort of proof to show that Step and McD were traded because they yelled at Hank. If you don’t have any proof, the your arguing for the sake of arguing here because there is zero reason to post anything like this.

Well i don’t yell at employees....so let’s scratch that.
    But i don’t think you want a culture on a team where everyone gets to yell at everyone like children. There are hundreds of mistakes made in a Hockey game, it’s how you react that makes the difference.

Hanks character is close to beyond reproach. His work ethos, professionalism, work with the community and relationship with the fans. In fact it’s hard to imagine a better ranger in the last 50 years.

That being said, his random bursts during games at teammates is not excusable due to everything i mention above

But again, it’s in the context of his job. The guy gets ridiculed when he screws up, and rightfully so, but when another teammate is the cause or is constantly causing scoring chances, I have zero problem with him saying something to another player at that time. It’s not just Hank that does it either. It’s players in all sports. It happens in the NFL and MLB as well. Their office is on the field.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast