Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with The King?

Moderator Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    But how does that 2nd rounder, Lindbom fit in here? He has some pretty good upside from the numbers and reports I've read. Knowing this franchise, we'll probably deal the kid away and he'll turn into fucking Pelle Lindbergh reincarnated.
    Lindbom is irrelevant to the Blueshirts' roster until probably 2022 at the earliest. He's 17 years old, and it might be 10 years before we know if he's a legit NHL goalie. Cam Talbot didn't start an NHL game until he was 26, Raanta was 24. Granted, you can probably expect Lindbom to be ready before them with his draft status, but he's a long, long way off.

With the goalie prospects the Rangers have, they could move him, but I doubt it. Prospect goalies don't have much value.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Never hurts to have promising goalies in the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Nobody's shitting on him for fucks sake.
    Apart from this Browning guy I suppose.

I mean I'm only saying that, in my opinion, he's not an upgrade on the Stanley Cup winning goaltender and the Vezina candidates for this season. It's hardly saying the guy is done.
    He's definitely an upgrade on those teams. Just not worth replacing their current goalies with him, due to it being a waste of assets to trade for and to get rid of it sit in their current goalies. He's no doubt still a top 5 goalie in this league.

My post wasn't directed to you, but more or less a group of people here as well as through out Rangers fandom.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gotcha. Let's agree to disagree on the upgrade bit. I don't think he would be, but he could still definitely be an asset to a team making a run for the cup.

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Future View Post
    Good post, beat me to it.

Shot volume isn't as important as dangerous shot volume, and the Rangers have been atrocious there. The fact that Hank's numbers are even middle of the pack means he's playing really well.
    Well....hes not middle of the pack anymore
    When we had structure under torts Hank excelled, since then hes fallen off. Statistically he was one of the worst starters in the league, and your stats of danger give a good reason

Quote Originally Posted by Puck Head View Post
    Well....he’s not middle of the pack anymore
    When we had structure under torts Hank excelled, since then he’s fallen off. Statistically he was one of the worst starters in the league, and your stats of danger give a good reason

Of the 42 goalies who started at least 30 games, he was 19th in sv%. That's pretty squarely middle of the pack lol.

Lindbom is irrelevant to the Blueshirts' roster until probably 2022 at the earliest. He's 17 years old, and it might be 10 years before we know if he's a legit NHL goalie. Cam Talbot didn't start an NHL game until he was 26, Raanta was 24. Granted, you can probably expect Lindbom to be ready before them with his draft status, but he's a long, long way off.

With the goalie prospects the Rangers have, they could move him, but I doubt it. Prospect goalies don't have much value.
    The funny thing Future, is that I keep getting this eerie feeling that Hank is going to have one of those years where he stands on his head and makes this team look way better than they are this season. He'll make the All Star team, and at the same time keep us out of the top 5 picks for 2019.

It just seems fitting!! =)

I can SOOOO see that happening!!! LOL

.....Especially with a new coach that has a solid type of defensive structure that supports defensemen a lot more. Yup, he's gonna have a "return to greatness" kind of year!! I think I'm gonna put Hank in the Brendan Smith boat on that comeback performer of the year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    The funny thing Future, is that I keep getting this eerie feeling that Hank is going to have one of those years where he stands on his head and makes this team look way better than they are this season. He'll make the All Star team, and at the same time keep us out of the top 5 picks for 2019.

It just seems fitting!! =)

I can SOOOO see that happening!!! LOL

.....Especially with a new coach that has a solid type of defensive structure that supports defensemen a lot more. Yup, he's gonna have a "return to greatness" kind of year!! I think I'm gonna put Hank in the Brendan Smith boat on that comeback performer of the year!!!
    Well I mean he did that this year for like 30 games lol.

He is still perfectly capable of carrying a team to the playoffs if the defensive structure in front of him is sound.

I totally admire his unbelievable loyalty to this franchise but Jesus man, I wish we could get him a good chance at a Cup! The guy totally deserves it!

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Apart from this Browning guy? So on this Forum you can shit on players as long as it's not Hank ? This Browning guy would love it if Hank played at an elite level. Hockey is my game. Rangers are my team. I mowed the lawn during the Super Bowl because I really don't care much for other sports. To call me out as this guy, sounds like I am not in the been posting here for 5 yrs club, so my opinion doesn't carry any weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not butthurt over it, I've just noticed a patronizing overtone by more then a few.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    it pretty much means your accepted into the club. If not, people wouldnt call you out. Theyd just ignore you.
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    Apart from this Browning guy? So on this Forum you can shit on players as long as it's not Hank ? This Browning guy would love it if Hank played at an elite level. Hockey is my game. Rangers are my team. I mowed the lawn during the Super Bowl because I really don't care much for other sports. To call me out as this guy, sounds like I am not in the been posting here for 5 yrs club, so my opinion doesn't carry any weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm not butthurt over it, I've just noticed a patronizing overtone by more then a few.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Sorry. Bad phrasing on my part.
    I just meant to say that you were the only one being negative about him.

Moderator BSBH Prospect

What to do with The King?

Of the 42 goalies who started at least 30 games, he was 19th in sv%. That's pretty squarely middle of the pack lol.
    Its actually 2/3?
    And what of GAA?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It’s actually 2/3?
    And what of GAA?

19 out of 42 is in the top half....

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    19 out of 42 is in the top half....
    There are 42 teams ?

There are 42 teams ?

read

Moderator BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    read
    Question wasn't directed at yourself, perhaps read between the lines.

There were 32 goaltenders who started at lest 1/2 their teams games last season, (40).
    Of those 32....
    Lundy
    GAA- 24th
    Save%- 16th

When you take games played to 50, (true starters)...there were 22
    Lundy
    GAA- 17th
    Save %- 14th

That's a stretch to call that middle of the pack

There are 22 teams?

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Question wasn't directed at yourself, perhaps read between the lines.

There were 32 goaltenders who started at lest 1/2 their teams games last season, (40).
    Of those 32....
    Lundy
    GAA- 24th
    Save%- 16th

When you take games played to 50, (true starters)...there were 22
    Lundy
    GAA- 17th
    Save %- 14th

That's a stretch to call that middle of the pack
    Hmmmmm, "true starters". Carey Price and Matt Murray both played 49 games. I'd call them true starters. That would put Hank 14th out of 24, with Hank facing the 2nd most high danger chances out of those 24.

Senior Member Mite Division CBrowningPI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    it pretty much means your accepted into the club. If not, people wouldnt call you out. Theyd just ignore you.
    Cool, thx

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast