• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Why Not Nash?

skunkman

Now hear me out.

I like most was ready for Nash to be traded because of how he disappeared during the playoffs, but if he is talking about hanging them up.

Why not sign him on the cheap? Would he help out our kids as a teacher?

Now hear me out.

I like most was ready for Nash to be traded because of how he disappeared during the playoffs, but if he is talking about hanging them up.

Why not sign him on the cheap? Would he help out our kids as a teacher?

He is contemplating retirement.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/28/rick-nash-gives-first-hint-at-retirement/

There are other articles out there implying the same thing.

I love Nash, but I want to see these kids have roster spots where we can keep using them continuously. I'm thinking if the Rangers have more veterans, they're going to wanna take a run at the playoffs, make deals and what not. I just hope they give these young guys all the space they need to make mistakes and grow into NHL players.

On one hand, yes, bring Nash back for all the right reasons. But I?m with Ozzy on this one...let?s create all the space we need for younger players. We already have Henrik, Zucc and Staal who are more than capable of setting a professional tone and sitting a newbie down if he?s showing signs of going Murdoch on us.

i think he's played his last game. has enough money and enough concussions which should have him focusing on his long term health.
Totally agree. And he has young kids that he wants to be there for. But, if he's sitting and watching hockey on tv and changing diapers or what have you, the itch to lace em up will be too great not to scratch. He's only 30 yrs old and fully capable of playing. I'd love to have him back. There is a new football/hockey helmet which is said to lower the chances of head injury. It's price is crazy though but that might help convince his family to let him get back to the ice. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Totally agree. And he has young kids that he wants to be there for. But, if he's sitting and watching hockey on tv and changing diapers or what have you, the itch to lace em up will be too great not to scratch. He's only 30 yrs old and fully capable of playing. I'd love to have him back. There is a new football/hockey helmet which is said to lower the chances of head injury. It's price is crazy though but that might help convince his family to let him get back to the ice. ?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's 34 and being capable of something doesn't mean you should do it. He could put himself in serious danger trying to "scratch that itch." As we've seen throughout sports, it's just not worth it. If he's even considering retiring, he should.

He's good at looking into the camera during interviews. Maybe he can start a second career on TV.

Is it? He's suffered five concussions, no? How many has Nash had?

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Doesn't matter. They effect everyone differently. Nash got worse after every one. Zib (so far) hasn't.

Crosby missed a year and no one talks about his noodle any more.

If you're asking me today if I expect Zib to play at 34, my answer today is yes. If he gets another head injury and comes back half the player he was, like Nash, then maybe I change my mind. So far that hasn't been the case.

What he's like at 44 is anyone's guess.

Doesn't matter. They effect everyone differently. Nash got worse after every one. Zib (so far) hasn't.

Crosby missed a year and no one talks about his noodle any more.

If you're asking me today if I expect Zib to play at 34, my answer today is yes. If he gets another head injury and comes back half the player he was, like Nash, then maybe I change my mind. So far that hasn't been the case.

What he's like at 44 is anyone's guess.

After his fifth last season he went scoreless for a long stretch and looked out of place. It took him like twenty games to find his scoring again.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yea, I mean look he could get his bell rung tomorrow and never play again.

But he ended the year on fire and was dominant in WC, so I don't see him breaking down at the rate Nash did because of his concussions. It's like he always came back visibly worse.

Yea, I mean look he could get his bell rung tomorrow and never play again.

But he ended the year on fire and was dominant in WC, so I don't see him breaking down at the rate Nash did because of his concussions. It's like he always came back visibly worse.

He had 1 assist and was a -9 in the last 7 games of the season, and finished tied for 13th in points per game at Worlds.

in before "the last 10 games don't count"....b/c they do

Helmets don?t prevent prone concussion brains from rattling
That's just not true. The new technology has cut down concussions from approx. 70 per yr to 50 per yr in the NHL. I'm sure the rule changes helped. CCM has a helmet that uses the R.E.D system. Which is Rotation Energy Dampening, which are liquid filled bladders. Tons of research was done, and it's making a difference.

Archived