Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Namestnikov Signing "Probably Means the End" for Ryan Spooner

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Ditto you re: Kevin Hayes?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Because Spooner isn't going to get a 5 year contract and be glued in as the 2nd line center. Spooner will be cheaper and I feel can contribute something similar on offense. Definitely not on D. But I see a youngster eventually grabbing that role.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-03-2018 at 05:36 PM.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    I don’t think Hayes will be glued to 2C. He’s a good option. I think we all hope Chytil, Lias, Howden etc jump him on the depth chart.

If you see the Cs being signed/traded now, it shouldn’t be an issue unless he goes all jimmy Hayes on us
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    I don’t think Hayes will be glued to 2C. He’s a good option. I think we all hope Chytil, Lias, Howden etc jump him on the depth chart.

If you see the Cs being signed/traded now, it shouldn’t be an issue unless he goes all jimmy Hayes on us
    I feel if he's not glued to 2C, he's glued to 3C. He and Namestnikov have those spots nailed down if both are here. Gives Chytil, Andersson and Howden the 4th line. Yayyyyyyy

Namestnikov, if not Hayes, is a stop-gap at this point.

And both are affordable and flipable

Deleted Midget Division
    I can't tell if we're done (aside from signing) or are going to make a (relatively) significant splash with either Hayes or Spooner. We have a "weak" lineup, but there's still a logjam at the center and defensive positions that has me thinking we may not be.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by torontonyr View Post
    I can't tell if we're done (aside from signing) or are going to make a (relatively) significant splash with either Hayes or Spooner. We have a "weak" lineup, but there's still a logjam at the center and defensive positions that has me thinking we may not be.
    Hard to imagine them making a significant splash.

It's been a weird offseason for a fanbase that is used to being linked to every free agent under the sun but there's a plan in place and young guys will play next season. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they're competitive because the slop that was post-deadline was unwatchable. So long as they put in an effort, I'll be happy.
    GORTON 2020

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Hard to imagine them making a significant splash.

It's been a weird offseason for a fanbase that is used to being linked to every free agent under the sun but there's a plan in place and young guys will play next season. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope they're competitive because the slop that was post-deadline was unwatchable. So long as they put in an effort, I'll be happy.
    It will be good that Pionk got his toes wet and D'Angelo at least made his way back up. Improvement certainly should be expected from Lias and Chytil, after showing they are both bound for the NHL fulltime, in the near future. Z and Kreids will be healthy, many should be rested. Deep down the middle and numerous guys can play wing.

Now if they could only find a good defender to pair with Skjei, the roster would be far from the mess it currently is. Plus, Skjei would prove that he could play the top pair with a solid RHD partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    It will be good that Pionk got his toes wet and D'Angelo at least made his way back up. Improvement certainly should be expected from Lias and Chytil, after showing they are both bound for the NHL fulltime, in the near future. Z and Kreids will be healthy, many should be rested. Deep down the middle and numerous guys can play wing.

Now if they could only find a good defender to pair with Skjei, the roster would be far from the mess it currently is. Plus, Skjei would prove that he could play the top pair with a solid RHD partner.
    I just don't think Skjei is a top pair defender. It'll be interesting to see who makes the team. Hajek has said he'd like to make the jump. Rangers seem to think he's close. If that's the case, they'll have 8-9 guys in the mix:

Staal - Skjei
    Shattenkirk - Smith
    ADA - Hajek
    Pionk - Gilmore
    Claesson
    GORTON 2020

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    I just don't think Skjei is a top pair defender. It'll be interesting to see who makes the team. Hajek has said he'd like to make the jump. Rangers seem to think he's close. If that's the case, they'll have 8-9 guys in the mix:

Staal - Skjei
    Shattenkirk - Smith
    ADA - Hajek
    Pionk - Gilmore
    Claesson
    Gilmour is a disaster. He's headed to A for sure.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I'd have pionk above Smith ada hajek maybe shattenkirk

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Gilmour is a disaster. He's headed to A for sure.
    Maybe but I'd imagine he'll get a long look.

I also forgot about O'Gara who showed pretty good improvement last year in the few games he got.
    GORTON 2020

Namestnikov, if not Hayes, is a stop-gap at this point.

And both are affordable and flipable
    Again. Not flippable with a no trade, which this organization gives to anyone who signs the dotted line. 5 x 5.5 with a no trade for a guy with the label of lazy and poor locker room guy is going to be hard to move.Flip him now is all I'm thinking.

What label?

Look what Hoffman and O’Reilly got.

Those MFers got labels.

Kane , Pronger, Jagr, Carter had labels.

Look what Hoffman and O’Reilly got.

Those MFers got labels.
    Yes. Let's.

One asshole brought back a floundering speedster winger.

The other. A haul from a desperate team that needed a 2nd line center.

I mean if the Rangers could get anything close to what Buffalo got for O'Reilly, we all better be plenty pissed.

Hence why I'm not exactly expecting much for him if traded.

I guess you've missed the posts about Hayes being an out of shape fat fuck and not good in the locker room along with JT Miller and Vesey. You forget that?

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Again. Not flippable with a no trade, which this organization gives to anyone who signs the dotted line. 5 x 5.5 with a no trade for a guy with the label of lazy and poor locker room guy is going to be hard to move.Flip him now is all I'm thinking.
    How can you know that? The organisation has done a lot of things recently that they never have done before. They are ready to clean up everything and start new, maybe that includes not giving away stupid contracts and no move clauses to everyone.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    When's the last time they gave trade protection to an RFA?

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    When's the last time they gave trade protection to an RFA?
    Stepan, Zibanejad, etc. Pretty much anyone who has UFA years bought from them.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Stepan, Zibanejad, etc. Pretty much anyone who has UFA years bought from them.

They both have an upfront window to trade in the first 2 years.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Right, I'm just saying they do tend to give RFAs some protection if they're going long-term with them, and buying UFA years. They're usually smart about not giving them any protection during the RFA years, though.

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast