Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 124

Thread: Rangers Attempting to Acquire Matt Martin's Contract from TOR

  1. #21
    Senior Member Squirt Division Mr.wiskers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    371
    Rep Power
    7
    SNY.tvs Adam Rotter says: Overall, I could see the Rangers taking on Martin and Horton's contracts in a deal that wouldn't cost them much of anything but also land them a prospect or pick(s). The Rangers have the space to make that kind of deal, especially since both contracts expire in two-years. The Rangers are in asset accumulation mode and if Toronto is looking to deal then they should be one of Leafs' first calls.


    Sent from my iPad using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  2. #22
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Fuck no. Call up Montreal and see what they want for Shaw (Hayes???) At least he can play the game. Fuck Matt Martin.

  3. #23
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Fuck no. Call up Montreal and see what they want for Shaw (Hayes???) At least he can play the game. Fuck Matt Martin.
    This Hayes haterade is getting ridiculous.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    This Hayes haterade is getting ridiculous.
    I feel it needs more backing.

    Oddly I say fuck Matt Martin and you take it as hating on Hayes.....??????

    Suggesting a trade for a gritty character winger whom can play on the top six isn't exactly hating on the guy..

  5. #25
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    I feel it needs more backing.

    Oddly I say fuck Matt Martin and you take it as hating on Hayes.....??????

    Suggesting a trade for a gritty character winger whom can play on the top six isn't exactly hating on the guy..
    Shaw is a 30 point player. If we trade Hayes for Shaw Montreal wins that trade in a landslide.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

  6. #26
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,691
    Rep Power
    490
    Why is there a bidding war to take on the contract of a scrub just to add a pick?

    No thanks. Fuck off.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    21
    Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Either give us something good with ur crap overpayed player or keep him. Don't need a 4th rounder.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Squirt Division jsm7302's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    NW NJ
    Posts
    253
    Rep Power
    6
    To TOR: Hayes, + who?
    To NYR: Martin, Horton and Nylander

  9. #29
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,692
    Rep Power
    21
    They don't need Hayes, they need D.

    If Gorton rings Lou now and asks for Nylander, Lou will hang up immediately if not Skjei's name is mentioned. 100%.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    40
    If Gorton rings Lou now and asks for Nylander, Lou will probably inform him he currently works for the Isles to be fair.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Shaw is a 30 point player. If we trade Hayes for Shaw Montreal wins that trade in a landslide.

    Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    Hayes is a 40 point player.... So? I'd rather have Shaw.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Hayes is a 40 point player.... So? I'd rather have Shaw.
    So if you really want to argue it. Shaw averages ~34 points per year with 55% of his shits staring in the offensive zone. Hayes averages ~12 points more per year with only 42.7% of his shifts starting in the offensive zone. Hayes outproduces Shaw offensively, while being used in a predominantly defensive role. Hayes is a quality shutdown center, Shaw is Jesper Fast with a little bit of attitude.

  13. #33
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,015
    Rep Power
    69
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    So if you really want to argue it. Shaw averages ~34 points per year with 55% of his shits staring in the offensive zone. Hayes averages ~12 points more per year with only 42.7% of his shifts starting in the offensive zone. Hayes outproduces Shaw offensively, while being used in a predominantly defensive role. Hayes is a quality shutdown center, Shaw is Jesper Fast with a little bit of attitude.
    Fast > Shaw
    __________________________________

  14. #34
    Senior Member Bantam Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    2,258
    Rep Power
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Fast > Shaw
    and

    Hayes > Fast

  15. #35
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,691
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    If Gorton rings Lou now and asks for Nylander, Lou will probably inform him he currently works for the Isles to be fair.
    Lou doesn't have Nylander.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Giacomin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,411
    Rep Power
    95
    Dude we get it, you are on a mission. You want Hayes gone and you are not very discriminating in what you get back.

    Some of us prefer we keep a valuable C who gets to start anew or are talking packages that could return Trouba or Debrusk.

    You are not going to get many of us repeating your mantra if you'll take overpaid grit in a trade return. Your hate has you selling Hayes way below mkt value. We disagree, we want to move the needle. Trading Hayes for crap that does nothing for our longterm assets is only interesting to a very narrow audience.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Gravesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    789
    Rep Power
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Lou doesn't have Nylander.
    Pretty sure that was my point.

  18. #38
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    75,691
    Rep Power
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravesy View Post
    Pretty sure that was my point.
    That's what I get for skimming lol

  19. #39
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    So if you really want to argue it. Shaw averages ~34 points per year with 55% of his shits staring in the offensive zone. Hayes averages ~12 points more per year with only 42.7% of his shifts starting in the offensive zone. Hayes outproduces Shaw offensively, while being used in a predominantly defensive role. Hayes is a quality shutdown center, Shaw is Jesper Fast with a little bit of attitude.
    Yes Hayes is an offensive juggernaut.... Two totally different players with big time different styles of play.

    I'd rather have Shaw.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Junior Division
    The Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,200
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Giacomin View Post
    Dude we get it, you are on a mission. You want Hayes gone and you are not very discriminating in what you get back.

    Some of us prefer we keep a valuable C who gets to start anew or are talking packages that could return Trouba or Debrusk.

    You are not going to get many of us repeating your mantra if you'll take overpaid grit in a trade return. Your hate has you selling Hayes way below mkt value. We disagree, we want to move the needle. Trading Hayes for crap that does nothing for our longterm assets is only interesting to a very narrow audience.
    I'm being realistic. You can keep thinking that they can get Trouba or Debrusk. I'm setting the bar low and seeking out types of players I feel will benefit what will be a young and soft core. I don't see a goon in this teams future. A guy that plays scrappy and can possibly handle a 2nd line role at tops would be a really solid move. Sorry that you disagree.
    Last edited by The Dude; 07-03-2018 at 06:19 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •