• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign F Vladislav Namestnikov to 2-Year/$8M Extension; $4M AAV

Phil

Mobile link:

Mobile link:

Mobile link:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Logical. Smart. His value is really low right now. On a rebuilding team he should get oodles of playing time in order to build his value up as best they can. Figure on the Rangers possibly flipping him at the deadline, or the draft next year?

Perfect. Easily tradeable at the deadline if he has a good year, or he can stay and maybe sign a new deal in two years if he looks good and can contribute when we are closer to done with the rebuilding. If he?s bad - no problem having his 4 mill for two years before letting him go when Chytil/Lias etc needs new contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Don't hate it but don't think he's a key part to build around either. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a bust. To me the rebuild is off to a shitty start

He's not. Which is why they only gave him two years.

They've made five first-round picks in two years, including a seventh overall and tenth overall. How that qualifies as "off to a shitty start" is beyond me.

Don't hate it but don't think he's a key part to build around either. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a bust. To me the rebuild is off to a shitty start

So far everything is going perfectly according to the plan. The last 14 months we have added Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Kravstov, Miller, Lundkvist++. I dont see how this could've started any better to be honest.

So far everything is going perfectly according to the plan. The last 14 months we have added Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Kravstov, Miller, Lundkvist++. I dont see how this could've started any better to be honest.

They could have not won those games late to take themselves out of the lottery and have had a better chance at a top-5 pick. Other than that, it's gravy.

As to Vlad, my hope is they give him a ton of time in the top-six this year. Have to build him up as much as possible if they hope to move him at the deadline.

Shouldn't this be why they should get him over to the AHL? They can't control his minutes or anything via the KHL right?

Shouldn't this be why they should get him over to the AHL? They can't control his minutes or anything via the KHL right?

Namestnikov? He's an NHL player. He'll play on the Rangers' roster. As he should. What I'm saying is that I hope they build him up, because his trade value is in the toilet right now.

I like this deal. I'm ok with Namesnikov. That term and dollar amount is not a problem by any means and I think this guy has some good skill in him. He fits the bill for young and can actually play center. Again, I know this year is going to be the first year of a rebuild which amounts to a lot of growing pains.

No worries....

I just don't wanna see the Rangers start clogging up the roster with experienced dog shit....or just to bring in "experience". If anything, I hope they bring in an enforcer to keep the douche-baggery at a minimum. I don't want teams taking shots at our young guys while their still growing and learning.

Once these kids have matured and have some road miles under them.....THEN we can peel off some of the dogs.

Archived