Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rangers Re-Sign F Vladislav Namestnikov to 2-Year/$8M Extension; $4M AAV

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend

Rangers Re-Sign F Vladislav Namestnikov to 2-Year/$8M Extension; $4M AAV

Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Formerly Dru23 BSBH Prospect
    Not a bad deal. Let’s see what he can do here this year.

Logical. Smart. His value is really low right now. On a rebuilding team he should get oodles of playing time in order to build his value up as best they can. Figure on the Rangers possibly flipping him at the deadline, or the draft next year?
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever

- Christopher Hitchens

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Well that’s interesting...didn’t seem interested in being here end of last season and played like it. Hope this will give him some uplift
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Perfect. Easily tradeable at the deadline if he has a good year, or he can stay and maybe sign a new deal in two years if he looks good and can contribute when we are closer to done with the rebuilding. If he’s bad - no problem having his 4 mill for two years before letting him go when Chytil/Lias etc needs new contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Senior Member Junior Division
    Dont hate it. Hopefully he can produce with what will be here. That's all we can hope for.

smart move. buying low.
    Acqua in bocca

Senior Member Mite Division RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    He's the kind of guy we would have been looking for had he been a UFA.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk

Deleted Midget Division
    I dig it.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Hope he's not a scratch by Christmas.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Great move. Win-win imo.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    There was never much question on this. Gorton wasn't going to make his McD-Miller deal look bad by quickly selling low on this guy.

Senior Member Squirt Division jsrangers's Avatar
    Don't hate it but don't think he's a key part to build around either. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a bust. To me the rebuild is off to a shitty start

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    Don't hate it but don't think he's a key part to build around either. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be a bust. To me the rebuild is off to a shitty start
    He's not. Which is why they only gave him two years.

They've made five first-round picks in two years, including a seventh overall and tenth overall. How that qualifies as "off to a shitty start" is beyond me.
    Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    So far everything is going perfectly according to the plan. The last 14 months we have added Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Kravstov, Miller, Lundkvist++. I dont see how this could've started any better to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    So far everything is going perfectly according to the plan. The last 14 months we have added Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Hajek, Rykov, Lindgren, Kravstov, Miller, Lundkvist++. I dont see how this could've started any better to be honest.
    They could have not won those games late to take themselves out of the lottery and have had a better chance at a top-5 pick. Other than that, it's gravy.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    They could have not won those games late to take themselves out of the lottery and have had a better chance at a top-5 pick. Other than that, it's gravy.

Well, since they had Kravtsov as their #2 forward I guess that doesn't matter anyway.

I suppose not, unless they got 1oa by some amazing circumstance.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

//reported Junior Division
    I can see Buffalo getting another first overall pick and turning into Edmonton.
    LGR!

As to Vlad, my hope is they give him a ton of time in the top-six this year. Have to build him up as much as possible if they hope to move him at the deadline.

Hidden Content

- John Tortorella

- Dean Lombardi

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast