• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Sign D Fredrik Claesson to 1-Year/700K Contract

Phil

Weird signing to me, and not because he isn't good. It's weird because he's a very good player and should be in a top 6, but where are we going to play him? Defends well, moves the puck well and hits a lot (158 hits last season). Reminds me of Stralman in style.

If he?s ?very good? he will have no problem finding place in our top 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Yeah but we're not going to be very good and I would rather be giving those minutes to guys like Lindgren or Hajek.
Or those guys can play 20+ minutes a night in Hartford instead of 13 with the Rangers...that's roughly 530 extra minutes of game experience over a season

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And not tendered a contract by a team that is also rebuilding and has little on defense as it is..

Even on our trash defense...

Shattenkirk, Skjei, Staal, Smith, DeAngelo, Pionk, Gilmour, Hajek, etc.

I don't know if he's a top 6 in the NHL. A 7th or depth guy? Maybe.

And not tendered a contract by a team that is also rebuilding and has little on defense as it is..

I can't really speak to how good or bad he is, but appealing to authority for Ottawa on player valuation? Not a good look.

I can't really speak to how good or bad he is, but appealing to authority for Ottawa on player valuation? Not a good look.

?? Ottawa has been bad at player evaluation? They have been pretty good over the last few years. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. They have kinda gotten more out of less. Them rebuilding and trying to figure out what to do with Karlsson isn't some sort of failure based on player evaluation.

I think they recoup and become relevant again before the Rangers do.

?? Ottawa has been bad at player evaluation? They have been pretty good over the last few years. Not sure why you'd think otherwise. They have kinda gotten more out of less. Them rebuilding and trying to figure out what to do with Karlsson isn't some sort of failure based on player evaluation.

I think they recoup and become relevant again before the Rangers do.

Just in the last few years, they brought in Dion Phaneuf, traded Mike Hoffman for Mikkel Boedker, and traded Jonathan Dahlen for Alex Burrows, who they just bought out. They're no Montr?al, but I've got a lot of questions.

Just in the last few years, they brought in Dion Phaneuf, traded Mike Hoffman for Mikkel Boedker, and traded Jonathan Dahlen for Alex Burrows, who they just bought out. They're no Montr?al, but I've got a lot of questions.
Can't really blame them for Hoffman...

But theoretically, even if Ottawa are and at evaluating, wouldn't another team who is good at fancy stats or their own evaluating metrics be willing to give him more term or money if he deserved it?

Not trying to.start a fight, genuinely curious.

But theoretically, even if Ottawa are and at evaluating, wouldn't another team who is good at fancy stats or their own evaluating metrics be willing to give him more term or money if he deserved it?

Not trying to.start a fight, genuinely curious.

Who, Claesson? I'm not saying they're wrong for walking away from him. I honestly don't know. I'm saying I'm not appealing to their authority on evaluation matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived