Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TOR Signs F John Tavares to 7-Year/$77M Contract; $11M AAV

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Am I the only one not interested in trading Skjei?
    Nope, there is me. Gorton said the first guy every team calls and asks about is Skjei. Seems Gorton and the Rangers are not very interested either.

There is another board where trading Skjei is like an obsession. You'd think more fans (who like to play GM) would actually evaluate a players skills, attributes, age, health, contract status and past successes in a player's first couple of years to make a better assessment of their value.

It would not be a bad assumption that the Rangers have interest in Trouba, to pair him with Skjei. Not to swap them and leave the left side barren. If Hayes was to go anywhere before the season, the Jets would be the spot. With Trouba's 8.5 ask, Stasny's exit, and a bunch of other big signings necessary, the Rangers may be waiting out the Jets. Feels like only Toronto can compete with us for Trouba. Now that FA's are signed and ROR has been moved, what other good C's are available?

Senior Member Midget Division paddynyc's Avatar
    Love it and like it has been mentioned in this thread Toronto is going to be sick.
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka Drunkenski View Post
    Saw an Instagram post with LIAR across JT's eyes claiming that he lied to the fans about wanting to stay.
    But Isles fans can be just as stupid and moronic as their own Front Office, so...
    LGR!

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    The islanders didn't "let" him go. They couldn't keep him due to a variety of issues.
    I should've reworded that sentence. JT left because he wanted to fulfill a childhood dream of his to play for his hometown team and the Isles would have had a big cap hit considering the contract given by TOR if he got the same contract by NYI

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    The waiting is over! The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions! And this one will last a lifetime!
    -Sam Rosen

24 years later, still waiting to see our team lift Lord Stanley's Cup

a.k.a.Phildagoalie Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Trotz and Lamoriello probably looking for the exits out of Uniondale.
    Omfg, That is unreal.
    I thought for sure Lamoriello would have him locked in. Fookin mess for the Isles.Now what?!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    If n ya gots jowls, they might as well be furry ones.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Respecttheblue View Post
    Omfg, That is unreal.
    I thought for sure Lamoriello would have him locked in. Fookin mess for the Isles.Now what?!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Honestly, I think they are fine. Barzal will be a stud and they recently had an amazing draft. If they can do things right (With Lou and Trotz, Im sure they will) they will suck for 2-3 years with us and start being competetive at the same time.

Would be fun with a NYR/NYI playoff matchup sometime in the future.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123