Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TOR Signs F John Tavares to 7-Year/$77M Contract; $11M AAV

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    Hell yes. GLGLGLGLG!

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Just a Simple Country Squire BSBH Prospect
    Christ Sake I hate the Leafs.

This will just make their probable implosion so much sweeter.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Now watch them trade Marner or Nylander for a D man. Could this be part of the reasoning behind drafting and aquiring so D men? Nah...

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Now watch them trade Marner or Nylander for a D man. Could this be part of the reasoning behind drafting and aquiring so D men? Nah...
    I think any defensemen they’re going to want for Marner or Nylander should be for a roster player, not a prospect. With that being said, I can definitely see a Nylander/RHD move for TOR in the future.
    LGR!

ImagineAcceptingTheTruth BSBH Prospect

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyb[emoji769
    ;933565]I think any defensemen they’re going to want for Marner or Nylander should be for a roster player, not a prospect. With that being said, I can definitely see a Nylander/RHD move for TOR in the future.
    Yep.

Jets didn’t re-sign Statsny. Maybe a Trouba/Nylander deal is in the working?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Tavares Done In NY!!! Hahahah, I love it. Islanders brass screwed up bigly

#68 Яромир Ягр Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Christ Sake I hate the Leafs.

This will just make their probable implosion so much sweeter.
    They'll be even stronger in the regular reason no doubt but fizzle out in the first round again. They haven't addressed their weaknesses yet again.

//reported Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yep.

Oh Trouba, yeah. I hadn’t thought about any specific names, but Trouba could def make some sense.
    LGR!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Firstly...Toronto still can't defend.

Secondly watching Nylander shrink all playoffs makes be not believe in him as a #1C whatsoever.

Russian Meddling BSBH Rookie
    Cant pass up the opportunity to grab a guy like Tavares.

I think they should keep their 2 wingers, too.

I think their issue will be inconsistent goaltending behind their young defense
    Lias Andersson for #AJT2019

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Maybe the Islanders owner Malkin should have learned a bit about hockey before buying a team. He thought he was going to make enough money to be in the black in a basketball arena in Brooklyn. He was wrong, so now he has to pour a couple of hundred million into an arena of questionable viability at Belmont. He refused to let his GM trade JT, so now they get nothing form him. He's going to lose a great deal of money the next three years playing in an AHL rink in Uniondale and the slush pit in Brooklyn. I wonder when he's going to get sick of losing money?

Senior Member Bantam Division Bugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sod16 View Post
    Maybe the Islanders owner Malkin should have learned a bit about hockey before buying a team. He thought he was going to make enough money to be in the black in a basketball arena in Brooklyn. He was wrong, so now he has to pour a couple of hundred million into an arena of questionable viability at Belmont. He refused to let his GM trade JT, so now they get nothing form him. He's going to lose a great deal of money the next three years playing in an AHL rink in Uniondale and the slush pit in Brooklyn. I wonder when he's going to get sick of losing money?
    Belmont might be state of the art arena. But it's going to have many of the same problems as the Coliseum. There's an LIRR spur to get there but no other public transportation. And there's nothing else there. Isles fans rip Brooklyn and the arena itself is bad for hockey. But there is tons of good bars and restaurants all around it and it's on top of a transit hub. With Belmont, you still have to get a bunch of people to a suburban arena off a highway, often during the evening rush hour. At a loss how this works. But the Isles' fans and ownership somehow think Belmont is going to change anything, and I don't see it.

If you ain't first, you're last! BSBH Legend
    “At that time,” he replied, “I had no feelings for playing for another team. I was invested in playing for the Islanders. I wanted to keep my focus on the ice.

“When (then general manager) Garth Snow said he wouldn’t trade me, I respected that and I didn’t ask to be traded.”
    https://www.msgnetworks.com/2018/07/...les-departure/
    Hidden Content

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"I've always said, I'd rather tame a tiger than paint stripes on a kitty cat."
    - Dean Lombardi

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus, and the feeling that whatever
    you think you'e bound to be okay, because you're in the safely moral majority."

- Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc View Post
    Yep.

Oooph. Didn't think of that. Then again, I don't know if they can afford to pay Trouba down the line.

Senior Member Squirt Division Sod16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Belmont might be state of the art arena. But it's going to have many of the same problems as the Coliseum. There's an LIRR spur to get there but no other public transportation. And there's nothing else there. Isles fans rip Brooklyn and the arena itself is bad for hockey. But there is tons of good bars and restaurants all around it and it's on top of a transit hub. With Belmont, you still have to get a bunch of people to a suburban arena off a highway, often during the evening rush hour. At a loss how this works. But the Isles' fans and ownership somehow think Belmont is going to change anything, and I don't see it.
    All true. In addition, the Islanders ownership (and Dolan and Wilpon) are going to lose money on this arena because there is no need for it other than for the Islanders. The metro area already has one arena in mothballs. Dolan thinks he's going to get touring musical acts to take a date at Belmont if they want one at the Garden. I'd say screw that, I'll take two at Barclays and not pay a fortune to move my set. Also, the Islanders fan base (relatively young and white) has been moving Eastward into Suffolk for years, and Belmont is ten tough miles worse than the Coliseum for fans to the East.

Senior Member Midget Division Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    Oooph. Didn't think of that. Then again, I don't know if they can afford to pay Trouba down the line.
    yeah, haven't looked at the numbers yet, maybe Trouba will be too expensive.

Starting to look a little bit like Penguins if they do make this deal tho. Trouba = Letang, Tavares, Matthews, Marner = Crosby, Malkin, Kessel.

Man how excited I would be if I were a Toronto fan now. Future looking very bright for them.

Boston fans are Racist and Arrogant Squirt Division rangers02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    Then why did the Isles let him go? Maybe let him fulfill a childhood Dream I guess. TOR is going to be a serious contender for a cup run, but did they pay too much for JT?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    The waiting is over! The New York Rangers are the Stanley Cup Champions! And this one will last a lifetime!
    -Sam Rosen

24 years later, still waiting to see our team lift Lord Stanley's Cup

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by rangers02 View Post
    Then why did the Isles let him go? Maybe let him fulfill a childhood Dream I guess. TOR is going to be a serious contender for a cup run, but did they pay too much for JT?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile...ed by Tapatalk
    The islanders didn't "let" him go. They couldn't keep him due to a variety of issues.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast