• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

TBL Re-Sign D Ryan McDonagh to 7-Year/47.25M Extension; $6.75M AAV

Phil

Mobile link:

Mobile link:

Mobile link:

Given the current market, the price is not really too high and is lower than what he would have gotten a year ago had he been eligible for an extension. That said, I agree this has "Callahan" written all over it, and he is likely to be very worn down a few years in (more so than now). I'm happy for him. By comparison, Stepan is playing in a desert.

I was glad that the Rangers weren't going to give him his next contract. He got what most figured he would get. 7 years though. Wow. Very happy the Rangers aren't paying it.

Ah well, still wish they got more for him.

You?ll be fine in 3 years when Howden, Hajek and Lundkvist are part of the core of this team.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

How exactly are the Bolts going to sign Kuchurov to a long term extension (with Tavares as the yardstick) when they are putting contracts like this on their books? We didn't win the cup during our window of opportunity partly because we had to jettison key second tier players for cap reasons. It could be the same for Tampa.

They will have some problems with Kucherov and Point needing new contracts next season, but they have Stralman (4,5m), Coburn (3,7m) and Girardi (3m) coming off the books. Maybe they re-sing Stralman, but that would be for around 3,5m I guess, the two others walk so they gain around 7m in cap there. They still have 5m free now, so they will have around 10 next season (after McD extension kicks in and Coburn/Girardi done).

Kuch will get around 9-10m I guess, that's 5-6m more than now. Point is interesting, but they could bridge him for 1 year and then sign him long term when Cally's 5.8m is off the books after the 19/20 season.

They will have some problems with Kucherov and Point needing new contracts next season, but they have Stralman (4,5m), Coburn (3,7m) and Girardi (3m) coming off the books. Maybe they re-sing Stralman, but that would be for around 3,5m I guess, the two others walk so they gain around 7m in cap there. They still have 5m free now, so they will have around 10 next season (after McD extension kicks in and Coburn/Girardi done).

Kuch will get around 9-10m I guess, that's 5-6m more than now. Point is interesting, but they could bridge him for 1 year and then sign him long term when Cally's 5.8m is off the books after the 19/20 season.

Yea, I don't think things are as dire in TB as some think. If Sergachev plays well, that could make things a lot more difficult the year after if they want to go long-term with him.

They shouldn't have too much trouble trading 1 year of Cally's contract and one of Palat/Johnson though, I don't think.

They'll have to sign Gourde as well, if he has a decent year, he's going to be expensive.

They have the three D-men coming off as mentioned, but then they'll have no D-men, they'll need Foote to produce good minutes.

Archived